Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky enough to get a DS that was already at my local dealer (cancelled order I think). I have discovered a few extras since picking up my DS at the start of the week, in control wifi and in control secure. I wondered if there is a way to find out what options were spec'd originally for the car. In my old VW there was a sticker in the boot with the option codes for what was fitted but I can't find anything similar on the DS.
Question, is there any place where I can find out all the options fitted to my DS?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
If you put your chassis number into TOPix it will list what it came with.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Moose, next question is i've done a search and found LR Topix but i'm guessing i have to register to use it. do you just register as an independant? or can you get that info without registering. you seem to only get limited info if you dont register

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I use it for work , but I think if you register as an independent you can access the vin log in screen which is what you need. To go deeper that that you need to pay.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I might be stating the obvious here but shouldn't the dealer you purchased the DS from have access to Topix and therefore access to the full spec?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Moose said:
I use it for work , but I think if you register as an independent you can access the vin log in screen which is what you need. To go deeper that that you need to pay.
Thanks Moose I've put what I did below hopefully this may help others too.
I registered using the link at the bottom of the TOPix home page, entered my details and created a user name, it then sent an email with an activation link. Once you clicked on the link you logged in using the details entered and then there was a box to enter the VIN, clicked find, then it opened a page with the basic vehicle feature details of my DS, outstanding campaigns, (still have Q477 second row seats showing :? ) and activity streams (other issues with car servicing etc, where I read about the bonet stops which I checked and found them missing completely on my DS :eek: ).
It took me a little while to figure out but to get all the details on your DS you click on the show more vehicle details icon on the top right hand side of the vehicle features box. This opens a new window with everything that is on your DS. A lot of files are locked unless you pay for access. A one hour pass costs £10. Bit pricey but might be worth it to resolve any issues.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Neil said:
I might be stating the obvious here but shouldn't the dealer you purchased the DS from have access to Topix and therefore access to the full spec?
Yes I'd imagine they do but just wondered if there was an easy way for me to check, handy also if you are a second buyer. As it turns out InControl Wifi and secure are on my DS but not on the order details. Dealer discovered this by chance the day before delivery and agreed not to charge for these. The dealer had also fitted side steps as they had used the DS in the showroom for a while and gave me these free of charge also as taking them off was not viable, think it's because they couldn't resale/reuse them. So I've been lucky on the extras.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts