Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Unless I accidently drive on the lawn at home while reversing, mine will never do what it was designed for! :)

·
Registered
829 Posts
I am personally amazed how a car can be 60cm deep in the water. Thinking of it, all brakes and ABS sensors will be under water, the entire exhaust and lamda sensor, water is fully covering bottom end of doors (great rubber seals needed), fog lights are under water and also all diffs, gearbox and a few electronics. Just thinking of it means I rather not even try it out (let alone drive through the sea as Autocar did during their test at the beach!)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Nearest mine will get is flooded roads, fords and 'field' car parks at events! Just nice knowing it can do it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
KaikouraDiscoSport said:
I am personally amazed how a car can be 60cm deep in the water. Thinking of it, all brakes and ABS sensors will be under water, the entire exhaust and lamda sensor, water is fully covering bottom end of doors (great rubber seals needed), fog lights are under water and also all diffs, gearbox and a few electronics. Just thinking of it means I rather not even try it out (let alone drive through the sea as Autocar did during their test at the beach!)
Should try the Range Rover or RRS, 900mm wading depth.
Only reason its not at 1Mtr is at that figure they float!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its great fun having water up by the door handles? - just not in my car.

·
Registered
66 Posts
At certain high tides we have to cross a fjord that gets quite deep. Freelander has always coped but it does look a little scary at times.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Make sure you get a Land Rover experience voucher from the dealer when you pick up the new DS. That way you can get to drive one of their DSs properly off road which will give you a taste for what is possible in your car.

·
Registered
677 Posts
The vouchers normally get sent out to your home address, my last 2 was about a month after purchase.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is the track at Solihull included on the experience vouchers ? if it is that the one I would go round.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Warkman said:
KaikouraDiscoSport said:
Should try the Range Rover or RRS, 900mm wading depth.
Only reason its not at 1Mtr is at that figure they float!
I've taken old Toyotas through 0.8-0.9m as well - We had a river crossing on our property used to flood regularly. Only real problem is that the water's moving with any sort of pace it will take you straight off the crossing :( We've had quite a few people end up in the river due to flow rather than depth.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Only ever gone to LRE centres my favourite is Eastnor but Stafford LR include an overnight stay and driving experience at Peckforton Castle

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is it normal for an overnight stay at Stafford or was it a special?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Its the first I have heard of this, does everyone get experience vouchers ?
is it for one person or couple ?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
One person normally, I depends how well you can negotiate with the sales guys :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Nubmaster said:
Its the first I have heard of this, does everyone get experience vouchers ?
is it for one person or couple ?
I don't think we get it as a freebie in Australia but the dealers sell it ($600 for one or $800 for a couple)! I don't need to spend $600 to lean how to drive off road - have been driving 4x4 since I was 8 :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.