Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a new HSE with extra USB and side steps, will it take the full 3 months to arrive? #cantwait

·
Registered
896 Posts
I'm afraid no one is going to be able to answer that question!! The anticipation is part of the pleasure...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Almost definetly.
I ordered mine early June, and it should hopefully arrive in a couple of weeks time.

But consider yourslef lucky it's 'only' 3months. My previous Evoque was a 9 month wait from order to delivery, and some people waited even longer.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Placed initial order 18th June, still waiting to be called in to do final spec for the order.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ordered early May and don't know even manufacturing date.

My dealer told that it will take a month after manufacturing the car, so earliest I get my car late October

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ordered July. Car being build this Friday "going to halewood to watch it". QC checks in Sollihul next week and delivery the week after.

So 8 weeks from intital order to build date and 10-11 weeks for order to delivery.

·
Registered
829 Posts
You have to admire his confidence after reading this forum!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ordered from Hunters (king's Lynn) 27th March. Still no positive delivery date, although at no point did I say I'd wait for the ingenium engine. Very disappointed at the lack of information and little or no proactive contact. Rang again yesterday morning to speak to the salesman involved and am still waiting for a call back. Spending £40k and have had far better service from a small independent garage when spending only a tenth of this. Complacent or what.
Should we start a competition to see who's had the longest wait from order placement to delivery?

·
Registered
37 Posts
PedroT said:
You haven't got it yet Rog!!
This is very true but so far all has been as per my initial meeting with dealer. Being able to continually track direct with the factory has been a big plus for me against what some others have faced.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I ordered 3 weeks ago get it ready for 21Oct. Apparently this is because I ordered through land rovers largest dealer...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ordered 26 April.
Delivery "probably late Sept".
But haven't had to lock down the build yet so I know it's at least 4 weeks' + away.
No pressure on dealers to go above and beyond, the order books are full.....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Peter Vardy Aberdeen.. Apparently building a huge complex just now.. The guy kept saying they had first dibs at build dates huge turn around etc?

I got a really good deal I decent % off the cost.

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
Tried the dealers I've bought my 8 previous LR/RR's from and was offered zero discount/long delivery times and complete lack of interest in my purchase :eek:

Ended up buying off ukcarbroker - £1640 discount but queried increased discount on site week after I ordered and they got me roof rails, mud flaps and rubber mats as a goodwill gesture :D

Ordered 16/06, build date 14/08 and delivery arranged 04/09 :cool:

Excitement is building :twisted:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ludwig said:
Ordered from Hunters (king's Lynn) 27th March. Still no positive delivery date, although at no point did I say I'd wait for the ingenium engine. Very disappointed at the lack of information and little or no proactive contact. Rang again yesterday morning to speak to the salesman involved and am still waiting for a call back. Spending £40k and have had far better service from a small independent garage when spending only a tenth of this. Complacent or what.
Should we start a competition to see who's had the longest wait from order placement to delivery?
I had appalling service from hunters in Norwich, failed call backs, not available for test drives etc etc.

In the end I got fed up and went to Marshalls at Halesworth, who were absolutely fantastic. In fact, I was the first person to go out and test drive the DS on Launch day. But we are lease hiring now as they couldn't compete on monthly figures...but would recommend them in a heartbeat over Hunters.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ordered 13th April, expected delivery of with "old" engine end of June, received update mid-June that it would be pushed back to the end of September with new engine. Now have a provisional date of 3rd October.

At the time waiting for the new engine was not a consideration, we were keen to have the new car in time for our mid-September trip to the Lake District at worst and used a local (Suffolk) car provider who are sourcing through a Kent dealership, after we were very dissatisfied with the customer service at the nearest LR dealership in Colchester.

We spoke at length about cancelling in June but ultimately stuck it out as the DS was what we really wanted and the nearly new market was virtually non-existent back then.

That said, if it pushes back any further, our disappointment threshold will be exceeded and we will be cancelling and looking at a nearly new DS or the new Mercedes GLC.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ordered ours yesterday, and Dealership expects delivery by mid October... lets hope thats the case.

The only worrying comment was that "you may even get it sooner as the factory are really banging them out at the moment...". I wonder how rigorous the quality control is at the moment?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nick

Interesting - I order a few weeks back 15/8 and don't expect delivery until 15/12 - although I am in Australia and the boats take about 1 month from the UK. Hoping they are not rushing - would rather wait another 2-3 weeks for great build quality.

Rgds

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for all the replies, I guess the waiting is not as pleasurable as, say Christmas is for kids or a holiday somewhere lovely, now that I have ordered the car I want it NOW and want to enjoy the experience now too!

Nevertheless, it would seem that a 3 month wait is reasonable, and that I can live in the hope that it may arrive sooner than that.

Can anyone tell me what the process is upon the vehicle being "ready"? Do you simply receive a call on the day of collection or a week before? Interested in the timeframe from contact to advise it's ready to collection date.... Thanks in as advance.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.