Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My main reason for asking question ,the dealer did not give me a lock down date which was 17/8/15 found out today now I can't add black pack to order. My delivery date is 2nd October

·
Registered
149 Posts
Order last Tuesday, build date is October 30th..... Not aware of a "lock down" date

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Dealers should be able to tell you this once build date is confirmed but you will have to ask the question they won't offer the information.

·
Registered
288 Posts
About 4 weeks for me.
I went to my dealer last Wednesday in the hope of making a couple of amendments to my order. I ordered my car on 30th July. My dealer had already ordered a model for stock on 20th May so that was amended to meet my specification.
It appears that the lock down date was 18th August but I was never told this so unfortunately I cannot now make any changes.
Build date is 18th September and delivery to me in Spain is quoted as 23rd October.
Given what others have said on here regarding delays - if all goes to plan - I think I've done well.
Ironically I'll be in the UK when the car is delivered to Spain and have a Halewood factory tour booked for the same week!

·
Registered
105 Posts
You fellas and gals in the Eu are so very lucky - we need to wait 3-4 months for ours.

Rgds :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
All in all Melb-AU, it's roughly the same wait for us :cry:

Out of interest, where is your LR being built?

·
Registered
172 Posts
My lock down date (last chance to change your spec) was 14th July with a build date of 21st August. So about 5 to 6 weeks before build.
Delivery tends to be about 2 to 3 weeks after the build date.

A lot of dealers forget to tell you there comes a point when you can't change your spec. Mine didn't tell me, and it was only because I knew the system that I found out when I asked.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Everyone should ask their dealer for their build sheet. The last page has the lock done date as well as the build date and handover date.

You don't need a VIN (in fact my build sheet doesn't have it yet)

BB

·
Registered
72 Posts
My dealer could give a build sheet only a build code. Said build dates could come forward a bit I should get conformation towards the time.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Tonibaloni said:

I wasn't aware there are multiple factories for builds .....???
All I know is UK & shipping from Southhampton to Australia.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Melb-AU said:
Tonibaloni said:

I wasn't aware there are multiple factories for builds .....???
All I know is UK & shipping from Southhampton to Australia.
Mine will be build 16/10/15 and delivered the 20/11/15 (ordered in late june)
I guess that delivering it to Australia, is a long way via sea

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.