Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my car on Saturday, a week later than planned due to the quarantine placed by JLR for the rear seat checks.

The car looks great however two issues are ruining my driving experience. Within a couple hours with the vehicle we noticed warm air was coming through the vents. We turned on the air conditioning and even more hot air was blown out. I've had old cars in the past where the air con unit needed re-gassing but they never blew out hot air! The fact that with any climate control turned off, or temperature turned down, or air conditioning on, warm air still comes through the vents when the engine has warmed up suggests something is "stuck" somewhere!

We took the vehicle back in on the Sunday for one of the sales guys to check over in case of user error. But they were just as confused and advised we call the service department the next day.

The other issue which is swiftly becoming annoying is creaking noises from the central console area while just going over minor bumps on normal roads. It is as though the unit on my car has been poorly fitted during manufacture. I would have expected this noise to be picked up during the squeaks and rattles tests they do after build.

Frustratingly since the service department say they need a full day to check the issues, they could not have the car in for a week but if we want a courtesy car it would be nearly 2 weeks! I had hoped that being a brand new car they'd get it in immediately. Just a shame to face such issues so soon!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Same boat, my first appointment to get my brand new car sorted is a month away!

·
Registered
677 Posts
My ones rock solid apart from the rear seat squeak, it's going in in a fortnight.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Methinks that Pete is going to be a busy chap lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
Noticed quite a few people have creaky stowage bins, happens more with the arm rest "deployed" if your elbow isn't pressing down on it.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Air con should be part of the PDI, ask to see the check sheet.

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's unlikely to be a problem with the vents but it is likely to be a blockage in the AC System itself. If the high pressure side of the system gets blocked then the compressor will be turned off because of over-pressure in the system and you won't get any cold air. You can check this by having someone hookup a pressure gauge to the high-pressure side and taking a reading. I've heard that the expansion valve is the most likely place to get a blockage and this is particularly likely if you've had any work done to the system e.g. compressor replacement, recharge, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts