Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody got homelink fitted to their car, I have but can't get it to work and I am waiting for master technician to return to dealers next week to try and sort.

Seems to programme the garage remote to car but won't connect to garage door even when trying to programme using learn button in garage, At one point it disabled my garage remotes and I had to reprogramme them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Philn,

Did the dealer manage to get your homelink working?

How do you know that the garage remote was programmed to the car? Did the led flash in a specific way when you tried?
Mine is flashing quite rapidly all the time, so I guess it doesn't even recognize the garage door remote.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Alaska

They managed to get it working 3 months after I bought the car, they (LR) paid to have a new control unit fitted to my garage as the original one wasn't compatible. The unit and fitting cost them more than the original £200 I paid to have the homelink fitted on the car.
The setting up and operation is as detailed in the handbook and when programmed the flashing changes from rapid to slow.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes, I read about that in handbook, but mine didn't change from rapid to slow, so was wondering if the manual is up to date.
It seems my problem is in programming the garage remote to the homelink. Will try with new battery as the manual says.

You don't happen to have Hormann garage door motor and remote?

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure what old controller on garage door was, door fitted by Anglian, if you can't get the red light on the homelink to flash slowly as detailed in the book using either the remote control or the learn button on the control unit then it isn't compatible.
Mine was a bit odd as using the remote it seemed to work as the homelink unit flashed slowly after quite a long time of trying but still didn't operate the door. Thought it was because as detailed the control unit had a rolling code and would need to use learn button but that didn't work either.

Was a bit of a nightmare but works well now, the dealer was really helpful in getting this sorted and LR paid for it all.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Finally got it to work with my garage door.
I'll write how I managed, maybe it helps someone in the future.

If you're having problems with homelink, forget about the DS handbook and go straight to homelink.com. Chceck if your garage door motor and remote are on the compatibile devices list. If yes, then find the instruction (program tag) specific for your garage doors and your car (DS is not yet on the list so choose evoque).

First clear all codes in homelink by holding left and right button utill the led flashes rapidly (might take up to 20 sec). Now when you push any button it should flash slowly.
Clearing the codes is a must, although the DS handbook doesn't say so.

Next push the button you want to program and the button of your remote at the same time.
In my case the remote has a timeout function, so when you press the button it sends the signal for couple of seconds and then switches off although you keep the button pressed and the led is on. What I did was while holding the homelink button I pressed the remote button three times each time holding it for five seconds. At the third time the homelink led switched from slow flash to rapid flash and the homelink button got programmed to the garage doors.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad you got it working Alaska, I did clear the codes and retried after reading about it on homelinks website but still didn't work. Apparently the frequency of my controller wasn't compatible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.