Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to set up my garage door opener on the car last night, it didn't work. I followed the manual and tried both using the remote control and rolling code, neither worked. Can someone help? Thank you.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Hi Disco

I am in the same position and the dealer has contacted LR regarding this, hopefully should get an answer next week.

Doesn't help that number I was given for homelink and the number on their website is the RAC number.

My issue has been going on since 8th April.

I assume like mine remote programmes to car but car will not programme to learn button on wall unit.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Philn, yes, I'm in the same boat...exactly. remote programs to the car where the light underneath mirror does flash from slow to fast, however when pressing the button after nothing happens. when I tried using rolling code by pressing the button on garage motor then press hold release 3 times on the car, the car does not even respond to that. maybe I should contact my dealer too. thanks for sharing your experience.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this was fixed over the weekend. fairly easy. I have rolling code garage motor. manual says press once the "learn" button on the motor, then quickly return to car to press and hold button underneath mirror for 2 seconds and release, repeat 3 times. well, turned out, I didn't have to hold 2 seconds, just press and release 3 times and it worked. anyone else having the same issue, might give this a try.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
No luck with mine Disco, back with LR to sort. My instructions didn't say hold for 2 seconds just press firmly and release 3 times.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Will try again tomorrow but when "learning" the garage remote the red light on wall unit goes off on 1st press and then flashes quickly on 2nd press, when pressing homelink nothing happens.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Finally got my homelink working yesterday.
The transmitter unit in the garage wasn't compatible with the homelink in the car.
A new transmitter unit was fitted (paid for by LR) and all now working.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Once you have it programmed to get the garage door to open close you mayhave to hold the button under your mirror for a long press to actually activate/open/close your garage door, well I do.

It's not just a quick push when I drive up to my garage to get it to open, it's a puuuush.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
adam.d.lloyd said:
Once you have it programmed to get the garage door to open close you mayhave to hold the button under your mirror for a long press to actually activate/open/close your garage door, well I do.

It's not just a quick push when I drive up to my garage to get it to open, it's a puuuush.
Quite right Adam but believe me I have spent countless hours pressing the button with it not working prior to the new transmitter unit being fitted on the garage. Can't fault LR on this except it has taken 4 months to sort out, the new transmitter unit they have paid for cost a lot more than the £200 I paid for the homelink.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts