Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

While the DS looks beautiful, it uses high gloss plastics on the roof and door sides. While removing some bird muck I left a few light scratchs (only used my finger nail) any suggestion on good products to clean and bring life into these plastics ?

Cheers

Disco

·
Registered
385 Posts
unfortunately there's nothing you can do to those ugly "spider web swirls" on the beautiful shiny glossy black panels. they are highly scratchable and JLR knows it too. I've had all my panels replaced already once, they are back to scratched up again. my best advise is never wipe without liquid, or avoid wiping at all.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I've used meguiars

·
Registered
796 Posts
I've used meguiars ultimate compound on mine and it reduced the swirls considerably

·
Registered
172 Posts
I can't be certain about the DS (mine arrives on Friday), but the equivalent black shiny bits on an Evoque are actually spray painted (I know as my old dealer damaged some and had to sort it).
If thats the case then you should be able to get rid of the swirls with the same products as for getting swirls out of the rest of the paintwork.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I carry that mantis cleaner for bird muck comes off real easy..

Use a bit of baby oil on black gloss plastics and rubbers ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.