Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering if any one else is finding theirs playing up ?

At the minute I've unchecked it in the options menu, I've persevered over several journeys in total darkness and I'm not entirely happy with its function.

I'd just like to say that I'm happy with how it works and how it should work, I drive D4's On a daily basis as well as FFRR's so I'm confident that it's not user error.
It works fine on the other vehs I drive sort me explain what I'm encountering.

Veh approaching at distance, it recognises this and full beam goes down.
If then as it gets closer and if obscured by central reservation it comes on and even if the driver repeatedly flashes it does not dip.

Or

I'm pootling along, vehicle approaches from rear, my veh knocks off HBA but when say their rear wheel is parallel with my front wheel it lights it up again by HBA kicking back in, it then extinguishes........ Unfortunately, the driver of the other veh accepts this as a friendly "your in" gesture and then I have to brake, suddenly and harsh .

It does this nearly every time, as I said, neither veh at work do this, mine obviously does ! As you are all aware some vehs pass at great speed and don't particularly hinder me but Vans and trucks are also being thrown into the mix.

Any info or tips / pointers greatly appreciated ?

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Chalky

I had issues with this on my CRV, haven't yet driven the DS in the dark. It was easier to disable the system on the CRV, if you pulled light switch towards you into flash position the HBA was disabled until you pulled it towards you again and held it for 2 seconds.
On DS you can disable by pulling into flash position but as soon as you put switch into high beam position when you return to dipped they come back on.
I will give it a go but I am expecting to turn off in the menu.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I've disabled it, a bit pissed off now because it's something else on my car that's NOT working as it should.

I paid extra for the TSR, the salesman told me......... It alerts you by flashing and delivers an audible alarm, it has cameras in the front wich detect other vets and it automatically applies the brakes,

It's got wade sensing,

Adaptive cruise control

Oh yes, order a tow bar with spare and it will come from the factory,

There's more problems with what it's not got that it should have and what I was actually told about,

Beginning to get unhappy

·
Registered
100 Posts
Not had the option before. Tried ours for the first time over the weekend. Narrow country roads and dual carriageway. Worked perfectly for me: dipped appropriately and in good time.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi tollerted,

Thanks, I'm persevering with it, open country isn't too bad, which sounds daft as that's where you need High Beam, it's these 1 Metre high concrete barriers that I think might be obscuring the other vehs beam pattern, making it harder to detect ?

Other thing, have you had it on a dual carriageway yet ? Vehs approaching from rear, that's still confusing it.

If anything it's too sensative, on a dark unlit road it can throw it on, detect a reflective road sign and knock off then it throws it back on / off / on / off in ultra quick succession. The relays go mad,

I'll make a mental note of it.
It's just one of those niggles, I'm still capable of operating the lever myself but it's one of those nice to have's

·
Registered
741 Posts
Just out of interest have you checked the set up in the menu system? On my last RRE which had this feature you had to select which side of the road you were driving on - mine came back from a service and was set for the oposite side of the road (ie) if I was driving in France! Worth a check?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts