Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've either noticed during use, or read in the manual a few features which may not be obvious or even not listed at all so thought it would be interesting for everyone to collate them here. There was a thread from a long time ago which was similar for the original DS version, and some of the things mentioned are relevant to DS2 also. The things noted below are relevant to my MY22 so may not be the case for all cars.

• After a few seconds of being stopped on Auto Hold the brake lights will go out as long as your foot is off the brake pedal.
  • The rear windows are dual stage, so the first press will drop them a small amount and then another press drops them to the maximum (this is in the manual).
  • The sunroof blind has a memory, so while it will automatically close when the ignition is switched off, instead of fully opening it will return to the position that you left it when the ignition is switched back (or not at all if you had it fully closed).
  • If your phone is connected via CarPlay or Android Auto then you can summon the voice assistant (Siri, Google Assistant etc) of the phone instead of the built in Land Rover one by long pressing the voice button.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am yet to find a way to reverse this option with the sun blind. I would like it permanently open as it was on the previous version.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
35 Posts
On my my20 d240 hse:

Park up for the night, switch the seat heating on then turn ignition off.
In the morning, do a remote start to warm the engine.
Get in the car and start the engine properly.
Now you will see that the seat heating resumes at last night's setting.

Unfortunately the seat heating only comes on when the car is started properly, not when started remotely for warm-up - which makes it not very useful in practice. Traction control and other central console settings also resume with last night's settings.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another one;
To quickly set a speed limit without first pressing the LIM button, you can just press the + set button and your current speed will be set in the speed limiter. This might be in the manual but it’s not exactly clear and seems to indicate that the LIM function needs to be turned on first, which it doesn’t.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Another one;
To quickly set a speed limit without first pressing the LIM button, you can just press the + set button and your current speed will be set in the speed limiter. This might be in the manual but it’s not exactly clear and seems to indicate that the LIM function needs to be turned on first, which it doesn’t.
Doesn't pressing the +Set button without pressing LIM first, activate the Cruise Control?

Reactions: RPR

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Maybe it depends which function was set previously?
I think it's Cruise Control by default, you don't have to set anything unless you press LIM to make the buttons work as the Speed Limiter. Unless it's different in the DS2 of course.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think it's Cruise Control by default, you don't have to set anything unless you press LIM to make the buttons work as the Speed Limiter. Unless it's different in the DS2 of course.
Several times when I have pressed the ”+” to activate the Cruise Control it has set the LIM instead. This is annoying since you would take your foot off the pedal and suddenly the car slows down.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Several times when I have pressed the ”+” to activate the Cruise Control it has set the LIM instead. This is annoying since you would take your foot off the pedal and suddenly the car slows down.
Seems it remembers the selected mode between journeys, so as I never use the Speed Limiter that's why Cruise Control appears to be the default function.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I’ll give it a try next time I’m in the car. I only ever use cruise control on motorway style roads or at a push in heavy traffic, but use the LIM to set my speed to 34 every time I drive locally.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Doesn't pressing the +Set button without pressing LIM first, activate the Cruise Control?
That's what happens in my car. You have to push the limiter button first otherwise it's cruise control by default.

·
Registered
871 Posts
That's what I have to to with the two DS I've had.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I’ve tried this out this morning and the car remembers the last used function and will apply that when you press the set+ button.

So if you had just used either cruise or limiter and even if the function was cancelled when you finished your journey, when you start driving again pressing set+ will set either the cruise or limiter at the speed you’re currently driving.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
I’ve tried this out this morning and the car remembers the last used function and will apply that when you press the set+ button.

So if you had just used either cruise or limiter and even if the function was cancelled when you finished your journey, when you start driving again pressing set+ will set either the cruise or limiter at the speed you’re currently driving.
I have a DS2 loaner today while my car is in for MOT and service so tried it myself - but after I had spent 5 minutes pressing the actual Set+ label (which depresses as if a button but nothing happens), I realised it's just a label and you have to move the rocker next to it (and labelled Res) upwards... Doh! I'll hand my driving licence in at the end of the day.... :LOL:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a DS2 loaner today while my car is in for MOT and service so tried it myself - but after I had spent 5 minutes pressing the actual Set+ label (which depresses as if a button but nothing happens), I realised it's just a label and you have to move the rocker next to it (and labelled Res) upwards... Doh! I'll hand my driving licence in at the end of the day.... :LOL:
That'll be the adaptive cruise distance increase and decrease buttons. Presumably the loaner you had was just standard cruise so the logos weren't present.

Did you find the same experience?

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
That'll be the adaptive cruise distance increase and decrease buttons. Presumably the loaner you had was just standard cruise so the logos weren't present.

Did you find the same experience?
Yes, it only had standard cruise (it was a D200 S), same experience.

As an off topic side note the D200 was noticeably quicker off the mark than I remember my D180 was, I assume it being down to the MHEV assist.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This one is actually in the manual but it’s a bit hidden and I only found it yesterday after reading something on the Evoque forum.

It is possible to set the seat heating and cooling to just the seat base, the backrest, or both from the touchscreen. You just need to tap the right part of the seat on the display as I’ve circled below to activate or deactivate.

Font Audio equipment Screenshot Circle Brand

1 - 19 of 19 Posts