Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've either noticed during use, or read in the manual a few features which may not be obvious or even not listed at all so thought it would be interesting for everyone to collate them here. There was a thread from a long time ago which was similar for the original DS version, and some of the things mentioned are relevant to DS2 also. The things noted below are relevant to my MY22 so may not be the case for all cars.

• After a few seconds of being stopped on Auto Hold the brake lights will go out as long as your foot is off the brake pedal.
  • The rear windows are dual stage, so the first press will drop them a small amount and then another press drops them to the maximum (this is in the manual).
  • The sunroof blind has a memory, so while it will automatically close when the ignition is switched off, instead of fully opening it will return to the position that you left it when the ignition is switched back (or not at all if you had it fully closed).
  • If your phone is connected via CarPlay or Android Auto then you can summon the voice assistant (Siri, Google Assistant etc) of the phone instead of the built in Land Rover one by long pressing the voice button.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I am yet to find a way to reverse this option with the sun blind. I would like it permanently open as it was on the previous version.

·
Registered
35 Posts
On my my20 d240 hse:

Park up for the night, switch the seat heating on then turn ignition off.
In the morning, do a remote start to warm the engine.
Get in the car and start the engine properly.
Now you will see that the seat heating resumes at last night's setting.

Unfortunately the seat heating only comes on when the car is started properly, not when started remotely for warm-up - which makes it not very useful in practice. Traction control and other central console settings also resume with last night's settings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts