Discovery Sport Forum banner

Hi from Suffolk

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Sid72 
#1 ·
Very excited about entering the LR World in the form of the DS, having previously been swayed by the Germans (VW/Audi).

Only disappointment is the lead time having ordered in mid-April and being given and end of June/early July delivery, which has now been put back to end of September.

New engine and reg. plate of little consolation as had already weighed this up when ordering.

It seems there are others in similar situation and others who have been more successful in getting their orders satisfied, that said am not sure quite what I make of JLR who seem happy to do this to new and existing customers.

Enjoying reading the forum and all the information, none of which is helping me be patient until September!!

Have seen very few on the road which is a consolation but without a dealer nearby, I have to resort to pictures to remind me how great it will al turn out to be!!

#2 ·
Welcome! I'm regularly out around Suffolk (depending on what part you are in) so there is definitely at least one around.

You mention German makes - did you look at these as an option this time? I considered (foolishly) a Q5 and X3 and was quoted 5+ months delivery for the Audi and 8.5 months for the BMW!!! So, be thankful you ordered a LR :D

From my experience - worth the wait (although I had less than two months before the car arrived)

#3 ·
I don't think I have seen you yet!

Due to my disappointment/impatience I was looking at ex-demo's to satisfy my original timeline! Thankfully and unsurprisingly, there was nothing about with the right spec. It was the same for DS' though I notice today there are more for sale from dealer's and some are dropping their prices, including what are presumably orders received but no longer wanted by customers.

With the anticipation still building and just under 3 months to go I am convincing myself it is worth the wait too, so thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.