Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Just back from the dealers having placed an order!!

As expected 0 movement on the final price of the car or contribution from the dealership however we did get some movement on the trade in price and the promise of a full tank of fuel. I'll likely sell privately but at least the part ex is a final resort!

Ordered similar spec to my other topic with the addition of the service plan + spare wheel.

Estimated delivery date is 14th October 2015 but I get the impression this is a finger in the wind job.

The car is completely different from our 10 plate Freelander, much more refined and a pleasure to drive, the panoramic roof is amazing!

N

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Called up to add memory seats as it seems to be an option most of your cars have and as such it could affect later resale values.

Dealer said this shouldn't be a problem, fingers crossed.

No updates on the delivery schedule either.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got a call this morning, car has been built and processed, it should arrive within 10 to 14 days into Oxford Landrover, so a day or two before the date I was given.

I have been pretty impressed with Oxford Landrover they are good at keeping me up to date and changing elements of the order :)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Similar experience to my own. So far so good with Ridgeway Oxford.
Have the part ex re-evaluation conversation coming up next month so lets hope that doesn't sully the friendship!
The journey continues...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Picked the car up this evening, extremely impressed.

The Merdian Sat Nav is perfect, full post code entry, place names, 3D view and auto day and night. The digital TV tuner and dual view is also epic and the little headphones a nice touch.

The start/stop is actually quite good, I would have always badgered the missus to move our FL2 into N when we were at lights but the start/stop removes the need to shift to N.

The 2.0 is definitely quieter than our 2.2 TD4 FL2, the 9 speed auto is smooth and you would hardly notice the gear changes. I had a bit of a cross country run and some around town driving but there was no noticeable hunting for gears or hesitation.

Initially I was overwhelmed with all the buttons and knobs but it didnt take long to pick up most of them (still need to work out how the limiter works)

I think the back seats are a nice feat of engineering, if you open them using the handle on the top right the seat slopes forward and slides to allow access, when you bring the seat back it auto stops in the forward position to allow more leg room for the people in the back.

I am completely underwhelmed with the "mood lighting", its non existent as the door padding is pushing up into the path of the light, i may experiment with some thin lengths of plain acrylic.

Extremely impressed with Oxford LandRover, excellent service and communications, a nice bunch of flowers for the Mrs and a hamper of local Oxfordshire produce so smiles all around!

Need to take some more pictures at the weekend!

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Car

Gear shift Car Motor vehicle Steering wheel Automotive design

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle registration plate Tire Wheel

Vehicle cover Tire Car Wheel Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
533 Posts
I was going to ask about your handover. However, you have very kindly photographed it.

From one fellow Oxfordshire DS owner (well almost) to another, congratulations!! Hope you have years of trouble free motoring. :)

BB

·
Registered
502 Posts
Nino,

Looks great. Congratulations!

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
I'm drooling :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.