Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool there is a few. I see you all are getting the sd4. We where told when we ordered out td4 in January that it will be the first ones here in early June but we have just been told only sd4 are coming first and ours is now expected August:( thinking of changing as by than they will prob knock off a grand or so from our trade in. Do you guys think the sd4 is better?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Darcy M said:
Cool there is a few. I see you all are getting the sd4. We where told when we ordered out td4 in January that it will be the first ones here in early June but we have just been told only sd4 are coming first and ours is now expected August:( thinking of changing as by than they will prob knock off a grand or so from our trade in. Do you guys think the sd4 is better?
In a word - Yes :) but that's just my opinion. I did see the dealer stock list at my dealer and they had ordered almost exclusively SD4 so I don't think they're expecting to sell that many TD4s, particularly in HSE / HSE Lux spec. But it could be that they knew SD4s were coming first or it may just depend a bit on local target market.

Mine will land in sunny Brisbane late this month but by the time it clears customs & pre-dealer delivery I'm expecting late May or early June delivery. I'll be happy if it arrives earlier. If you wanted to switch to SD4 then unless you pick up dealer stock you'd probably still be in for a bit of a wait. Seems it's about 3 months minimum from build to delivery in Australia and I'm not sure what the lead time from order to build is currently.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We are in the Hunter Valley so Magan it's more of a td market. To not tell a novel we put a deposit down in jan just to secure a car but we are worried about it fitting in our garage so we said we can't guarantee we will take it. The dealer is fine with the as long as we order a color and combo they can sell easily if we dont take it hence the white. We where told be here definitely June cause we are selling our car privately. So thinking now bugger them the demo will be here in May to check it fits and than maybe we will order the color we really want and just get a sd4. Sorry for novel

·
Registered
8 Posts
If in doubt you can always test drive the Evoque in TD4 and SD4 to see if you feel the difference. We ordered ours back in Feb. have been told delivery first week of July in Sydney.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Larity have you got your VIN yet? Ask your dealer for the details and you should then be able to track it's progress online :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.