Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time LR buyer after driving BMW's for many years so really excited. Ordered my new DS in early February and was given a delivery date towards the end of March. The dealer assures me the car has been manufactured (2 weeks ago) and not quarantined but was told there are not enough transporters to deliver the vehicles! Really...?

As of yesterday still not arrived at the dealer and no firm date for collection.

Hopefully not too long to wait but I guess I am lucky compared to some of the other posts on the site.

HSE Auto Corris Grey , Mud flaps, side steps and Privacy Glass

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
That's a sign of a good dealer - he never runs out of good excuses. Unbelievable. If it is true then what a sad state of affairs.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
To some degree they are batching car to save transporting one car to a dealer miles away, makes sense unless you happen to be waiting for the one car.

·
Registered
677 Posts
When I bought my Fl2 there was a shortage of transporters, mainly due to one of the companies drivers all going on strike.

It's worth the wait though, really is a nice place to be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.