Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just introducing myself.

I've just ordered a HSE Auto in Kaicoura Stone with Almond interior. The only option I've specc'd is privacy glass.

All things being equal, I'll get her in September.

Currently have a 2012 (2013 MY) Freelander 2 SD4 HSE. And not forgetting my lively gold 2001 MGF.

Dan.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the forum, feel free to add you spec and dealer to your signiture. :D

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will do! And thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm set to pick my DS up on sep 18. Just wondering what you thought of the SD4 in your Freelander?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for not getting back to you.

The SD4 is fine, a powerful but noisy old lump.

I'm not a diesel fan but Land Rover would not supply a petrol FL. And it was the same story with the DS.

I get the impression the Duratrorq, though old is as tough as old boots. You get a nice little turbo whitle at low revs now and then and when you thump it for an overtake it's not a bad noise.

I can't really comment in the economy other than to say its great, but it replaced a 2.3 petrol turbo Mazda CX-7 which was far more fun (256 BHP) but which drank lots. Apparently according to friends with diesels the 2.2 isn't that great on economy. The computer thing says it gets around mid to late 30s MPG. It took my Newcastle to London and 100 miles back, so 400 miles or so on one tank. I've no idea if that was good or not for a diesel. Better than the Mazda but less fun!

The DS I was loaned for 24 hours seemed a bit more refined and the engine more muted. It appeared to be more responsive and a bit quicker than my FL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.