Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've been reading the forum for a while now - thanks for the useful input so far.

Out of interest, for those of you who are waiting, (or are being forced to wait), for the Ingenium engine, have any of you had a build / delivery date that you think you can trust from your dealers?

I ordered at the beginning of April, and am currently being given a build date of the 29th August, (delivery 18th Sept).

I may just be imagining it but it feels a bit like the dealer is making the date up, from what I can work out JLR do not seem to have been very forthcoming on build dates yet.

I would just be interested in other peoples experiences.

Thanks

·
Registered
502 Posts
Ben,

I also ordered my HSE Black from Lancaster Reading in mid-June and was initially told early November. However, Owen from Lancaster emailed me a few weeks later to say that he had done their "weekly build checks with Land Rover" and had now got a date for early October delivery. I would say from your order date and the fact that you are getting the Ingenium engine the delivery date sounds about right.

I didn't get the impression that the dealer was making stuff up as I haven't put any pressure on him to deliver the car at a certain time. However, he is a car salesman after all and they lie like a flat fish! When was the last time you spoke to them? You could always chase them up again.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi, I ordered mine at beginning of June and was told delivery was due late sept (28th if I recall) so those dates all sort of tie in.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I ordered mine from them towards the end of June, and after a few weeks waiting for a date have a delivery date of end October, so sounds about right for others, hopeful based on the dates given it may come forward a little :)

·
Registered
502 Posts
BalaDS,

I'm sorry about this but, I managed to get 1k off RRP and the dealer seems to have absorbed the cost of the Firenze paint too! Plus I got the APR rate down from some ludicrous % they offered at first. I'm guessing they get a commission for the finance so they probably absorbed some of it in that. I did say that I had been offered a deal on an X3. That seemed to focus minds. I'm amazed I got any of that to be honest, and let's face it it isn't much really. I didn't have a trade-in either so maybe that helped, who knows! Perhaps you softened them up for me!

·
Registered
110 Posts
i didnt get much, i tried for free service plan, but didnt get very far... ended up with £350. i called some other local dealers who basically said no discount, broadspeed.com also shows zero'

i have a trade in which im hoping they give me a good price on, but wont commit to that til sept witb the gap between ordering and delivery being so long

philstix you did well! There were some good deals to be had on an X3 for sure

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well done Philstix ! I did n't take their finance as their rates are so high . They told me that they can sell five times more than their allocated quota and no way they will give any discount !

·
Registered
502 Posts
If you can afford to pay cash or can finance another way then the car you buy will be cheaper in the long-run. I'm sure my 1k off was more than dragged back through the interest earned from the finance! Their initial APR rates were ludicrously high. But, we had a monthly target figure to meet and the sums from a BMW dealer to compare against. This brought us to a figure we were comfortable with. At the end of the day if you get the car you want, and a price you're comfortable with, that's a good deal! Car buying always seems a combative experience and I always walk away feeling like the house won! The same when you buy a home. Two of the largest purchases you'll ever make and they are both a fraught experience.

Selling DS's at the moment must be like taking candy from a baby. I'm sure if I want another one in a few years time the experience will be a lot different. New car with a waiting list as long as your arm is a gift to a dealer. Why must I want new shiny things?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.