Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered my Disco Sport the other day (15/8). Dealer suggested a 4 month delivery date - so fingers crossed prior to xmas.

Dealer mentioned parking pack is no longer being made available as it has issues that have been identified in Europe. I hope our European friends can clarify - no big loss without this option.

Otherwise I am looking forward to owning the LR Disco Sport. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting..... anyway - we are moving from a 2 seater to our first SUV - had bub come along last week :)

they are selling like hot cakes in AU - just behind the Q5 in July - might overtake in Aug

SUV Medium - above $60,000 - Segment Winners:
Audi Q5 (294 - 20.8%)
Land Rover Discovery Sport (277 - 19.6%)
Range Rover Evoque (237 - 16.8)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Melb-AU,

Congratulations on the arrival of the little one! And the impending arrival of the bigger baby too!

I've got two daughters who will be intent on trashing the back of my DS when it finally arrives. They've had a good go at destroying the rear of my BMW. I pity the poor valet guy when I come to sell it after the DS arrives! Because of this I've had to opt for black leather. Wished I had the balls to go for Ebony!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So what issues should I look out for the first few months - to make sure they get fixed by JLR AU. Items were they have been recognised in the EU/USA/CAN but maybe not in AU? Anything?
I am hoping for a trouble free experience as LR are seen as an upmarket product here. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi

Just to let you know. Think you'll be lucky to see your car before the New Year. We are also in Melbourne and ordered our car in May - original delivery provided was for the end of September with a build date of July. This week we've been informed that the vehicle is now not going to arrive until near the end of November.

As many have said before, a nice car let down by Land Rover's poor customer service. The dealer has been good and are now following up to see what the issue is.

Cheers

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shite!
Fingers crossed for everyone having a beautiful Disco Sport for xmas :)
I'll contact my dealer to find out if any info is available.....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi,

I placed my order end of June, and build date was mid August. Dealer just told me that the car is on the boat and on it's way down here. Scheduled delivery is mid nov.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DecemberHeat said:
Hi,

I placed my order end of June, and build date was mid August. Dealer just told me that the car is on the boat and on it's way down here. Scheduled delivery is mid nov.

Cheers,
Yongling
Hey Yongling - did the dealer give you a specific build date yet? You can see from my sig I was given a date (already built) & confirmation it was ready to ship.
Rgds TS

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi,

Accepted build date: 14/Aug
Factory Completion Date: 27/Aug
Planned Handover Date: 4/Nov

The last I checked, it was cruising down here.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DecemberHeat said:
Hi,

Accepted build date: 14/Aug
Factory Completion Date: 27/Aug
Planned Handover Date: 4/Nov

The last I checked, it was cruising down here.
With a build date of Aug 14, do you know if this is a MY15 or MY16 spec ?
Rgds TS

·
Registered
55 Posts
My16

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Melb-AU said:
SUV Medium - above $60,000 - Segment Winners:
Audi Q5 (294 - 20.8%)
Land Rover Discovery Sport (277 - 19.6%)
Range Rover Evoque (237 - 16.8)
Australian September Stats

SUV Medium over $60K (1723, up 59.4 per cent). Led by Audi Q5 (466)
Land Rover Discovery Sport (378)
BMW X3 (275)

Overall for Land Rover for Sept
Land Rover (1007, up 13.3 per cent)

Certainly the DS is making an impact down here

Rgds TS

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DecemberHeat said:
Anyone would like to track the delivery of the car can use the following website and your VIN number on Cargo Id field.

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/ocean.do?method=getDefaultOceanQuickSearchPage

It will tell you the arrival date between ports.

Also, TOPIx gives you all the details about your car (features, build date, outstanding fixes, activity stream...). Register (free) and put in your VIN number.

https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/vehicle/lookupForm
Thx DecemberHeat - I just pinged my dealer rep to ask if they have the VIN yet..... fingers crossed :cool:

Rgds TS

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not entirely sure, as my build date was 20-Aug and it was loaded onto vessel on 13-Sept.

Since yours build 17-Sept and might be getting into vessel within a week or two.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DecemberHeat said:
Not entirely sure, as my build date was 20-Aug and it was loaded onto vessel on 13-Sept.

Since yours build 17-Sept and might be getting into vessel within a week or two.
Ok seems fair.
Good to see the build details on ToPix match dealer build sheet.
Interesting to see options not specified get listed as "Less".
Rgds TS

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
DecemberHeat said:
Anyone would like to track the delivery of the car can use the following website and your VIN number on Cargo Id field.

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/ocean.do?method=getDefaultOceanQuickSearchPage

It will tell you the arrival date between ports.
Ok yes cool - this works - I failed previously - maybe bad copy/paste into the cargo field

I get this...
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL SOUTHAMPTON 21-09-2015 09:44:00
RETURNED TO SHIPPER SOUTHAMPTON 22-09-2015 13:35:00

then...
LOADED ON VESSEL SOUTHAMPTON 30-09-2015 14:45:00
CO532-THA SOUTHAMPTON 30-09-2015 MELBOURNE 04-11-2015

yeah 4th November - should meet EOM delivery we hope :)

Rgds TS

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.