Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Just ordered the new family car:

HSE SD4 Yulong White w/ Blind Spot and Rear detection, panoramic sunroof, almond seats with ebony morzine headlining, 9 speed auto and Digital Radio.

Rather than wait till late October this was a car they have coming end of July. It was what we were after but it has almond seats with the ebony morzine headlining option. Strange but I think it may look nice. Anyone else with a similar combo?

Can't wait - will post photos when we get it.

:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi bones - we have just put a deposit on a HSE SD4 Fuji White 9 sp auto with almond/ebony, privacy glass and 902 alloys in Albury ( we live in the N E High Counrty ) for a November delivery date!
Where did you purchase yours from?
Geekay.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice Geekay. We purchased from Berwick LR. They were the only dealer that had a white HSE SD4 in a five seater. We got a few extras we didn't necessarily need but got them down a few K. Our invoice states:

Almond Seats Ivory Headlining with Ebony Morzine Headlining as a $460 added option. Is that what you got? Apparently the Ebony headlining gives you inside black roof and pillars. Slightly confused on that one!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hey Geekay (your initials? that's mine too!) and bonebones and welcome to the forum.
Ebony headlining is an option (standard is cirrus usually) - it's interesting to see it with almond interior. Good move on ordering dealer stock though because the waiting list is forever for Australian delivered vehicles. I ordered mine in January and it was scheduled for delivery last week. Unfortunately due to technical issues it's still at the dealers :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought mine through Berwick LR as well. Alas, yes I have to wait until October to receive my vehicle. Just hope there's no delays, which seems to be a common experience. I looked at everything coming out earlier and there was nothing close to the spec I wanted.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome ozsport and thanks for clarifying the interior headlining. spider that is a proper setup you got going there. Nasty (in a good way) looking!
I thought I was getting the family car when I purchased a brand new Alfa 159 TI in black black but the good wife has constantly reminded me it is not a family car. Trying to find a SUV that we can drive around prahran frequented by X5's and Grand Cherokee was tough. The DS fits the bill perfectly. Nice, unique (for now), easy and some style. Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bones I smile :) at your comment about black not being a family car - I have a partner and 2 kids - 4 & 2 who are going to give the DS interior the full workout. The partner gave the approval for the black on black purchase; but I in the past bought her the ML350, in the family friendly Tenorite Grey. Anyhow its gotta be more family friendly than the merc clk350 convertible I used to drive. That was until a lady in her X5 wiped it out, in the 40kph school zone out the front of my sons school. I am sick of having to take her vehicle when I want to go ride my ski.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.