Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm happy to have found this forum, as we have ordered a DS (SE, Si4, automatic, Loire Bleu, glacier interior, panoramic roof) this april and are eagerly awaiting its delivery (hopefully) in september. As we have never owned a LR or SUV before, we are quite excited about this lifestyle changing (and very beautiful) car!
We are probably one of the very few European buyers who went for the petrol-version; we have ordered our car precisely at the moment the sale of the (then) current dieselversions was ended because of the euro 6 norms and the new 4WD enginium engines weren't on sale yet.
The forum makes for excellent (albeit sometimes worrying) reading, to bridge the waiting time for delivery.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Welcome here, french fellow.
The Petrol is great, but it's a royal pain in the heart , to pay 6500 bucks. France want to promote petrol over diesel, but you have to pay a very expansive eco tax (but it's the same in many european countries)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You will not regret your decision. I have mine DS with pertol engine for 2 weeks now and it is great. Before i had disel Freelander and of course it was good but the engine was a bit agricultural...
This one is quiet, smooth and fun to drive. You pay a bit more at the pomps but when you buy +50k euro car economy for sure is not your main concern.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
LoireblueDisco said:
Hello all,

I'm happy to have found this forum, as we have ordered a DS (SE, Si4, automatic, Loire Bleu, glacier interior, panoramic roof) this april and are eagerly awaiting its delivery (hopefully) in september. As we have never owned a LR or SUV before, we are quite excited about this lifestyle changing (and very beautiful) car!
We are probably one of the very few European buyers who went for the petrol-version; we have ordered our car precisely at the moment the sale of the (then) current dieselversions was ended because of the euro 6 norms and the new 4WD enginium engines weren't on sale yet.
The forum makes for excellent (albeit sometimes worrying) reading, to bridge the waiting time for delivery.
Hi!
Where-abouts in France?

My Loire Blue is sat outside my house in the Auvergne right now, will be here for another ten days if you are near and want to have a look. It's very dusty now though! :) I never saw the Loire that colour, however. Very odd name.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We're in Alsace, quietly waiting for our ds to arrive. We're a bit worried about the petrol version we ordered, as the reviews all complain about the way the automatic gearbox works with the petrol engine, apparently at first nothing happens when suddenly too much power is delivered. That would make parking, so it would seem, quite a dangerous exercise.... The owner's reviews on this or the other forum (ds-net), however, seem much more positive at this point. Anyone with a petrol version who could share his/her experiences with the transmission?

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Loireblue Disco

Don't worry about parking with auto gearbox it isn't a problem, the issue is if you want to pull away quickly it hesitates before selecting correct gear, this also happens on the diesel.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
LoireblueDisco said:
We're in Alsace, quietly waiting for our ds to arrive. We're a bit worried about the petrol version we ordered, as the reviews all complain about the way the automatic gearbox works with the petrol engine, apparently at first nothing happens when suddenly too much power is delivered. That would make parking, so it would seem, quite a dangerous exercise.... The owner's reviews on this or the other forum (ds-net), however, seem much more positive at this point. Anyone with a petrol version who could share his/her experiences with the transmission?
I have that issue with the diesel but I never liked automatics anyway - rare they get in the gear I want them to be in when I want them to be in it. So I've just given up on it and I take charge. It's very quick to make it down-change with the paddles as you approach a junction and then you pull away nicely, and can put it back in Auto once you're off again. Probably getting better fuel consumption too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.