Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Very very interested in the new Discovery. Being in Quebec I went to a local dealer and have an appointment Wednsday night to build one and get details. Wondering delivery date Canadians are being given, as the salesman told me his first wave was all sold out. Also any incentives the dealers are giving or waiving any fees? I know they are in demand so I'm not expecting anything.
Thanks
Danny

·
Registered
163 Posts
I ordered (Vancouver, BC) in October and was given a delivery date of mid-May. I was in the first round of 30 vehicles the dealer ordered.

I was notified by the dealer at the end of March that it was on a boat to Baltimore and given my VIN. The auto port in Halifax is closed (snow/ice issues - 16,000 vehicles are stuck in it that can't be loaded onto trains for transport) all vehicles ar being re-routed to Baltimore so extra delays are expected.

No incentives offered as they are rare vehicles with lengthy lead times.

I've read of one other Toronto user ordering who was given an April delivery date (I think). My dealer advised that all vehicles will be embargoed so Eastern and Westen provinces can begin selling/delivering at the same time to minimise in-fighting in the sales channel. I believe the same goes for US States close to the boarder as well to reduce cross boarder sales canabalism.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Adam
Thanks for your quick reply. We got a ridiculous winter and can imagine the scenario in Halifax. In a few weeks it should be cleared up. The salesman told me if he ordered this week delivery would be July. Again going in to get details and order Wednesday if it makes sense. I had a brand new Toyota Tundra fully loaded stolen in front of my house last week, so looking for a non pickup replacement.
What model did you go with and with what options?
Thanks
Danny

·
Registered
163 Posts
No worries Danny, we looked at a Taco and a Tundra too initially but my wife is only 5'2" and driving to work every day a truck would end up being a bit of a ball ache, plus the price once optioned was close to the DS.

We ended up blowing the budget...
HSE Lux - Corris Grey
Vision assist pack
Driver tech pack
Black pack, with black roof and wheels (19" for a little extra sidewall)
Rear load space cover

No third row, so we could get:
Full size spare
Active driveline
Adaptive dynamics

We left out the park assist (we can park, both lived in London uk for many years :), and we didn't bother with cooled front seats/heated rears (it doesn't get hot enough in the summer to justify them out here and in the winter whoever is in the rear can suck it up - they are getting a free ride). InControl apps seemed gimmicky, and unavailable to order when we placed ours.

We opted for a premium sound system but Canada doesn't get the Meridian top of the line system the uk folks can order, premium here just gets you a sub woofer added to the stock/base sound system (which has the newer software/interface menus anyway).

Ours ended up being a mix of heart strings and re-sale value orientated choices as we're eyeing up a diesel RRS for 2-3 years time.

Do you have a spec picked out in your mind yet?

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Greetings from southern Germany. Nice to see that the Forum has found followers in Canada. Enjoy the vehicles when they arrive. Mine was ordered mid March and should be delivered this coming September.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Adam,
Right now I'm looking into the HSE with black package and driver tech package (looks like I need to take nav also with driver tech)
Wondering what residual will be for a lease and interest rate. My loaded Tundra was 53500$ plus tax, came out to about 720$ tx in. I would be willing to go to 750 tx in, but we will see what the rates are like.

·
Registered
163 Posts
We are looking at residuals and rates too, no info yet from LR, but we are basing our projections off the Evoque rates as they are somewhat comparable.

Our dealer advised that LR pitches the finance vs lease overall costs (after rebates/incentives/different rates) to be as close as possible per month as they can.

Once we realised a loaded anything we wanted was in the $60k (out the door) range we went with the DS as a happy medium. We figured we'd look idiots with a Q5 stuck in the bush with a hole in the oil pan, but an LR would just be another day at the office and a holed oil pan would be somewhat expected ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts