Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only a few weeks to go now (hopefully!) - ordered mid April and delivery expected in mid June :D . I know I should have waited for the new engine but am just too impatient!

Thought the car came well equipped so have only added metallic paint (Scotia Grey with ebony interior), spare wheel and electric seat adjustment (to get adjustable lumbar support) to a SE Tech Auto.

Can't wait for the next few weeks to roll by!

Really enjoying reading the posts (although a bit worried about the sat nav ones).

Still haven't seen many DS on the road (one so far)....where are you all?

Cheers!

PS. How do you pronounce "Scotia"? I assumed it was "Sko-sher" as in Nova Scotia but my dealer calls it "Scottier".

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Hi Andrew,
Congratulations on the new DS.
I've not seen any on the road yet, but living as I do in southern Germany it's hardly surprising.
As far as the pronunciation is concerned I'd suggest the guy at the dealer needs an few lessons in that area.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Nova Scotia is the correct pronunciation

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Andrew

Seen a few on the road, they are a bit rare at the moment
But you will be able to see one in St Neots, Cambridgeshire.
We should be picking ours up tomorrow. (Monday 18th May)

Silver with Black roof

G

·
Welcome Andrew from Norwich.

Hope you enjoy your car - and don't give a thought to not waiting for the new engine as the current one is a delight - quiet, very economical from the off and goes like a train. An absolute joy to drive and a well tried and tested engine. Take no notice of the "reviewers" who say it's noisy - it most definitely is not and I find it as smooth as silk.

My only irritation is the lack of place names on the satnav - otherwise very, very pleased with the car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi AndrewL. You will like the new car. it is great to drive and looks superb. Mine has just returned 40.6 mpg after 600 miles so there is better to come. Where are we? Well, I am in Lincolnshire but haven,t seen any locally yet. Stv49.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi AndrewL and congratulations. I'm sure you'll love the DS as its great to drive. Well engineered car and very pleasing on my eyes at least. I've seen quite a few around the Stirling area but still relatively rare. I'm sure they will become more common over the next few months though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Picking up the car this weekend - 2-3 weeks ahead of schedule :D

Really looking forward to it although (being a natural pessimist) I am still very concerned with the number of posts on this forum about faults (electrical, panel fit, seats, sat nav etc)....I hope I won't regret spending my hard earned cash on a LR.

Beginning to see a few more DS around!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.