Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just found this forum and since I could use (and hopefully) provide some advice I thought I'd sign up.

I took delivery of my disco sport on 15th March - managed to get mine pretty quickly. Nearly one month in and all is good.

I opted for the HSE auto, grey with cirrus leather. Keyless entry and ignition annoys me but otherwise loving it.

I've fitted roof rails myself since I received the car (mainly because I'm tight). Will post photos soon.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Why would keyless entry annoy you? I have found it very useful not having to fish around for your keys etc...

G

·
Interested in how you got on fitting the roof rails and seeing the pics. I'm also from Yorkshire and would like to get the roof rails......still very pricey even fitting yourself ☺

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm never totally sure it's locked! I think the keyless ignition annoys me the most. Something about putting a key in and out the feels a bit more definitive. Especially when switchg off. Also like having somewhere to put my keys, as they just rattle around the centre console or dig in if they're in your pocket. I admit I'm just being picky.

Roof rails are very pricey, I could quite believe it. I guess eventually third party alternatives maybe cheaper. You could opt for the Thule cross bars and save a few pounds (my guess is that they'd actually be better).

·
Registered
829 Posts
Old posting of mine...

- Roof rails: unless you REALLY wanted these for design appeal, why not order THULE wing bars with a KAMEI 510 roofbox; see my other posting

I paid:
KAMEI 510 eur 360
Thule 754 fixings directly on roof eur 100
Thule 544 1 key system eur 24
Thule 962 winbars 135cm at eur 80
Thule 1663 kitset eur 31
------------------------------------ +
Total incl ALL you need to fix on standard roof: EUR 595 = GBP 440 ! (check details as above was for RR Evoque but should be the same)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I interested to know where you bought these at the Euro rates quoted?
Also does it have to be the Kamei 510 box? or will any box - likes of Thule motion 800 fit..?

Do you know that the 754 Foot set will fit to the DS
mine has the pan roof and whilst I've not measured it yet I would think the fixing points are further apart than the spacing the bars are position at.. or am I misunderstanding..?

Do you have any pics of it on your RR Evoque?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
KaikouraDiscoSport said:
Old posting of mine...

- Roof rails: unless you REALLY wanted these for design appeal,
I will also point out as I have the rails fitted that they are difficult to clean under as they are close to the roof, it is awkward to get your hand and chamois between it and the roof :geek: - small point I know.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I never thought of that, coming from D3 ownership as have you I only washed my car if I was going to a Wedding, Funeral or it had been serviced and some nice person washed it for me !

I'll have had it 3 weeks on Friday, maybe I should think about washing it once a month, maybe once every quarter in the summer ?

I'm trying to visualise the width between which as you say isn't great, now I've realised I've got a glass roof, that's going to need cleaning, I don't think I ever washed the D3's roof.

Another disadvantage of having a car that's not as tall as you are.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I interested to know where you bought these at the Euro rates quoted?

Netherlands with a bit of a discount but you should be able to get similar rates

Also does it have to be the Kamei 510 box? or will any box - likes of Thule motion 800 fit..?

Any will do. Just remember that when rear hatch opens, the box has to be some 40cm away from the edge of the car and the Thule boxes are slim and low which makes them longer (stretch beyond front window) yet do not match the Kamei capacity. Furthermore Thule had to downgrade all their capacities after German tests showed they overstated these by as much as 25%
(An they are expensive)

Do you know that the 754 Foot set will fit to the DS?
mine has the pan roof and whilst I've not measured it yet I would think the fixing points are further apart than the spacing the bars are position at.. or am I misunderstanding..?

These systems are fitted directly on the car with large rubber blocks to protect the paint

Do you have any pics of it on your RR Evoque?

I do once they fixed the photo resizing requirement on this forum

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Regarding the keyless locking, with the powerfold mirrors function you know the car is locked when the mirrors fold but would like the "beep" to be a bit louder on 2nd deadlocking function. Would also like a button on boot to lock from there when car is open rather than having to go round to a door.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.