Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found the forum, so a big Hello to all!!

Ordered my Disco Sport at the end of Jan, my first ever Land Rover, and delivery to the dealer is expected the last week in March. To say I can't wait is the understatement of the year. I understand delivery for orders being placed now is running into July/August, so very happy I ordered when I did.

For what it's worth, here's my opinion on the engine debate. I've read countless reviews (I'll admit, I've also read other contradictory reviews) that state the SD4 is quieter than it's rivals, X3 etc, and that apart from the CO2 and MPG it's a damn fine engine with great power delivery and a proven track record. Put these facts up against an unproven engine that isn't even available until much later in the year and I'm more than happy to put my faith in the 'older' unit. Who's to say the forthcoming reviews of the Ingenium unit in the Disco won't come up with issues?

I've got faith in the SD4, nearly forty grand's worth of faith!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome to the forum mattrix.
Land Rovers are fantastic vehicles, this will be my fourth in succession and am more than satisfied with the product i've had. :D
Agree with you 100% on the engine and anyone on here will tell you that fuel consumption is not paramount when choosing a land rover (but it would be nice to have a bit more) :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Biggles, glad to be here.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Welcome to you Mattrix299.
Like you this will be my fourth LR in succession and can't rate them high enough.
I live in the country and over the last 4 years have had some heavy snow and drifting across the roads.
No problems to the FLs at all.
I see you have gone for the Kaikoura Stone, it is a lovely colour.

HSE Auto, Kaikoura Stone, almond interior, privacy glass, bright finish treadplates, flaps, rubber mats, spare wheel, 3 additional USBs, traffic sign recognition.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Strappe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts