Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
randon question.

Does the DS have an athermic windscreen (one that reduces UV rays) or one which has invisible heating elements?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response, my reason for asking is that due to lack of speed camera locations etc on the sat nav I am looking at purchasing a gps style device however athermic screens are renound for blocking the signal.

In reality I guess my original question should not have mentioned heating elements as a windscreen could of course have both, and it's really only the UV protected athermic screens that can block the signal which is my concern.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Wouldn't it be a better idea if instead of asking some deeply complex question about the internal structure of the windscreen that no-one's really going to know, you just asked if anyone's used a regular satnav in a DS?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have managed to get my Tom Tom to work to the left of the windscreen. The best bet would be an acceptable satnav in the first place . Perhaps they could let us load our own prefered satnav system in the memory card slot !!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ccomley said:
Wouldn't it be a better idea if instead of asking some deeply complex question about the internal structure of the windscreen that no-one's really going to know, you just asked if anyone's used a regular satnav in a DS?

Maybe I should ask one of those technical t**ts at JLR :lol:

To everyone else for your responses, thank you!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am using a New Tomtom 6100 in my HSE Lux DS as my Sat Nav is still Nackered. It works very well and has Town and City Names :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.