Discovery Sport Forum banner

Heated windscreen & rattles

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  gwcatterall 
#1 ·
With the cold weather we've had recently, I've used the front heated windscreen a couple of times and noticed that the centre of the windscreen doesn't clear at the same speed as the rest. On closer inspection, there is a strip of about half an inch in the centre of the windscreen, from top to bottom, with no heating wire in it. Is the same in everyone else's car?
I had an SMax previously and it had heating across the entire screen - it's a bit odd to have a strip of foggy screen left behind when the rest has cleared - doesn't sound like a huge issue but I found it created a bit of a blind spot and so I ended up sitting for an extra few minutes till it cleared.

......and, whilst I'm enjoying the car it doesn't half rattle! Been in to the garage once to have a persistent rattle sorted and now have another three..aargh :roll:

#2 ·
It's normal my Fl2 and D4s windscreen was like that.

I found most rattles in my one were from the load space cover.

#4 ·
Chalky said:
I'm finding my centre arm rest rattles, and i'm wondering if the heated windscreen is somethingh to do with the camera ?
Centre arm rest seems to rattle on all of them when pulled forward unless you have your arm on it.
Mine does it and so did the demonstrator I had on loan.

#6 ·
gwcatterall said:
My front heated screen seems to clear the passenger side of the window quicker than the drivers side ! Not by much though. Maybe just a few seconds but it's noticeable.

Does anyone else have the same issue? If so have you had it rectified?

I'm guessing you're sat in the driver's seat at the time? Just additional condensation from sitting there. If you switch to the passenger seat while it's clearing then you'll probably find the driver's side clears quicker.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.