Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple question:
On the MY21 or later, does the heated steering wheel symbol turn from amber to green when the temp is reached?

My P300e only ever shows amber and does not get warm - is there a fault? Are there any dealer adjusted settings for the temp?

I do piggy-back my dashcam from the HSW fuse socket - I doubt this would make any difference, and the fact it shows amber suggests the integrity of the electrical circuit is OK

Registered
Only used mine a couple of times (maybe more this weekend 馃ザ) but never seen it green, just orange when on.
I wouldn鈥檛 say it gets hot, but definitely warm, and in contrast to my wife鈥檚 Mazda it heats the full diameter rather than just the bits near the left & right spokes. The Mazda one does get hotter though.

Registered
Ours is a 2018 MY19 model and only goes amber when turned on, gets uncomfortably hot after about 15 minutes.
The switch gives a signal to the controller that you want heat, the controller turns the light on and powers the heater.
The lamp glowing orange confirms that the switch is OK as the controller has ackowledged the request, it also confirms that the circuit to the lamp and that the lamp is working. It does not mean that the heated wheel is working or that the circuit to the heated steering wheel is good.

Super Moderator
Like Andy says mine also gets very hot after 10 -15 minutes. No need for a temperature sensor to control the temp. Mother nature has already supplied a good one in our hands.

Andy gives a good description

Banned
No problem with heat output on mine, it could be that they鈥檝e reduced therm output on the newer ones to reduce co2 targets. Best thing to do is find one on a dealer forecourt the same age and try theirs - if it鈥檚 noticeably warmer, then you have a fault on yours that will need attention.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No problem with heat output on mine, it could be that they鈥檝e reduced therm output on the newer ones to reduce co2 targets. Best thing to do is find one on a dealer forecourt the same age and try theirs - if it鈥檚 noticeably warmer, then you have a fault on yours that will need attention.
Thanks all good advice - I really feel no noticeable difference so will ask when it's serviced - no rush I have a nice pair of gloves in the meantime.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts