Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I am quite new to this forum and I have gotten a lot of useful information here. Thanks!

The DS started to draw my attention since a few months ago. I think I will definitely place an order if I could choose some of the currently unavailable options. Therefore I wrote an email to a Product Manager and he replied to me promptly, which made me quite happy.

Here I would like to share with you what I have got from him.

Accoring to the PM in JLR Schweiz, the currently unavailable options such as the Head-Up Display, the heat resistant windscreen, possibility together with some other options, *should* be available to order from Oct 2015 in Switzerland. But there is no guarantee.

Personally I would assume that those options will also become available again in other European countries. I don't mind to wait for another two months and see what happens, because I want the additional options. ;)

I hope this information is useful for those who are about to place their orders.

Oskar

·
Registered
71 Posts
...or buy your car in Austria, all the features you mention, you can order there.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Good info mate! thanks. I have ordered in June but due to the HUD I am supposed to wait till December maybe January to receive my car. I will check with my dealer if HUD goes earlier into production, it would be very nice.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've also queried this with my dealer (UK) who knew nothing, then wrote to LR customer services who initially said it was available for UK order, then came back a week later apologising and saying this wasn't the case.

Personally I would have liked it, but with this degree of uncertainty and mis-communication decided to go ahead without. However, I'll be very ****ed off if it becomes available just as I've taken delivery, given the amount I've been discussing it with LR!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Saw HUD might not work with Polarised Sunglasses ....

·
Registered
533 Posts
Duncanslater said:
That put me right off.
It's a technical gizmo trying to find a use case. Rather than a genuine driver aid.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Duncanslater said:
That makes it pretty much useless.

·
Registered
86 Posts
But is it indeed an option that would be available in October?

·
Registered
16 Posts
My dealer says something different.
The headup display will be available only in january 2016.
The LCD screen in the head rest is about the same.

interesting was an ACC (adaptative cruise control) available as well in January.

But since february, when I ordered the car, I have hear everything from JLR: some options may come for sure, then probaly, then unlikely, then discarded, then delayed etc...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.