Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just been browsing the US LR site (landrover.com) and see that buyers across the pond can order a 5 seat DS option as can most European countries.

They also have a couple (well, lots actually) of other option denied to those living in the homeland of Landrover, namely a neat looking head up display and a 7 camera surround view system (the later being on a 5 seat version only).

Perhaps the lack of HUD option is a UK legislature issue (?) but if not, why oh why are these options kept from the Great British buyers?

I'm getting the hump with JLR now . . . . :eek:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello,

I am wondering the same thing (see my post from Sunday), and I am wondering if these lack of options on 5+2 might just be due to the fact that some of the electronic can not be housed in the 5+2 version due to the third row. I used to have a C4 grand Picasso, and due to third row, some options were never put on the car.
Hopefully someone technical can help us answer this question.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi DiscoCrazy

The lack of some options due to lack of space certainly seems plausible.

The thing that wrangles me (and I will shut up about it soon!) is that here in the UK, we have to have the 7 seats whilst in most other countries, 7 seats in an option.

To offer an off roader as capable as any Landrover without a spare wheel is bonkers and I can only think that the the Marketing V Engineering showdown was won by marketing.

It's like Herod being let loose in the creche!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I more imagine it is not a space limitation but a market driven decision. Folks that have/need/use 7 seats in JLR's eyes won't spend top dollar on their vehicle with all the bells and whistles as they'll be cramming it with kids (which cost a lot more than a few options on a car), so the fancy toys aren't even offered as an option to them. It's tough that those of you who don't fall into that bucket get the shaft though.

I know I'd be annoyed at not being able to get the toys I wanted regardless of a third row or not, but I can only think JLR offer the toys for the vehicle they think will sell well in each market. Which seems odd as all the vehicles go down the same build line, so why limit your customers choice?!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi there

I asked to add the HUD to my vehicle last year as a quick Google search before Christmas highlighted a number of UK dealers advertising the HUD on the DS. My dealer was not able to comment so I went to JLR and they told me it would probably be available on MY16 vehicles but they could not confirm!

Would have been nice to have it but I guess at least I have my car so I should be grateful :)

Cheers

b1ggles2

·
Registered
270 Posts
In Australia we have the 5 seats as standard and can order all those options but they are NOT available on the 7 seat version so I would say the lack of space for electronics theory is highly likely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts