Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did i read somewhere that the Discovery Sport automatically activates the hazard warning lights under heavy breaking or am i mistaken?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Yeah its in the spec for my DS but I've never seen it work neither when I have done an emergency brake or when the AEB activated

·
Registered
677 Posts
You really need to hammer the brakes for them to come on. Seen it work on my Evoque, only because I wanted to try it, so I took it up an industrial estate.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Switched on the hazards in the manner once in a loan car FL2... don't tell the dealer :)

Have not tired too hard to activate in the DS.

Also, did you know if you pull up the hand brake switch whilst driving it brakes all four wheels and brings car to a stop? Don't try this at home :)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
My D3 used to brake all four wheel with the handbrake switch, I am told ( do not know how true this is) but the first few D3 a to be MOT tested gave the examiners a problem on the rolling road test
The test hand to be amended I done know is true

·
Registered
172 Posts
I believe pulling the handbrake while moving (pull and keep pulling) activates an emergency brake application.

Personally in an emergency brake situation I don't think I'd think to do that though. Natural reaction would be to hammer the foot brake, and not to let go of the steering wheel!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.