Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered in Dec, build was mid Feb for 1st week of March Handover. Finally delivered to dealer on Friday April 17th and should be ready for collection on Wednesday. so after a 6/ 7 week delay, apparently in the words of my dealer the flood gates have now opened!
Dealer still has to do backseat fix and all accessories that iv ordered etc.

So for Handover what are the main things I should check for :?:
Other than obvious that it's the correct spec, correct colour roof etc!
As we have been delayed a lot, even the dealer says we are his most delayed customer, I'm hoping for a good handover with some goodies!
I'm also expecting a bit of tutorial on the car.
Please add to the list with any thoughts, especially if there is anything you wish you checked on handover but didnt.

1: Correct Matts.
HSE seem to be correct for most people its HSE LUX that are receiving the wrong matts?

2: Wing Mirror Folds on Locking.
Double check this is set up by dealer?

3: Puddle Lights.
Puddle Lights on doors. I recall a post saying how to program this by holding the main light?

4: Mythical Door LED lights.
where are they how to control them.

5: ....... :?:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Some people seem to be having issues with wrongly set tyre pressures and the TPMS - mine seems OK but maybe worth getting the dealer to go over that with you.

I was half way home with mine and then rembered I'd left the handbook on his desk. :oops: Must have been the excitement. :D

Enjoy anyway.

·
Registered
829 Posts
When obtained my RR Evoque, I received a list of all dealer adjustable settings. Would like to see this list for the DS as we could all make our choices ahead of collection...

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Congratulations Potatoe farmer it will be worth the wait.

Another thing to check although you won't be able to check until driving is that when the radio is on dab when braking the signal cuts out, not all the time but a lot. Apparently this is due to the frequency of the high level brake light interfering and there is a fix, I have this issue but haven't been back to dealer yet.

The handover I had was really good, he went through everything on the car, hopefully it will be the same for you.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Glad you are getting your at last.
I have a issue with bluetooth skipping parts of tracks, simple to check.

·
Registered
89 Posts
We had a few things to check for. We picked these up during handover
Isofix covers missing check they are attached to the rear seats
Sat nav has been activated
That the bonnet doesn't rub on the headlights due to missing bump stops
Load cover is in the back
Correct mats are there

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, some good reminders. Looking forward to handover!

·
Registered
138 Posts
He has just got a new LR and the Sun's been out all day - hopefully he is far away from any 3G, 4G or wifi as you can get.....
Happy as a sand boy!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ha ha, I did indeed finally get my new wheels.
I've driven to work today in my clunky van, and my wife and kids will be out and about in the new DS.
Went for a spin to Brighton yesterday in it, which is a good hour each way, with wife, two toddlers and 8 stone dog, double pram, and still loads of space. Really happy with it so far! :D

Loire Blue was my wife's choice, and I wasn't so sure, I though it might be a bit conservative, but I'm really happy with Loire Blue.
It really has a sparkle to it in the sunshine, and in different lights it changes to a very dark approaching black blue. My concern that it would would be too bland / boring is no more.

I did see a Range Rover in Carpatian Grey at the Dealers and it was beautiful, obviously not a DS colour, but maybe something to look forward to on the L462 when that comes out if I make the jump in a year or two.

No issues to a report so far.

I got the largest LR roof box also which is huge, as long as the DS roof, its lightwheight but due to bulk had to get my wife to help me lift it off to store in garage. Very simple to fix / unfix, and use. Would look perfect with any black pack of black LR vehicle.

I certainly could not find the mood lighting in doors!

Really happy with the illuminated TPs, especially at night they have a big impact.

The LR rubber boot liner is very good fit and quality.

Pleased with the silver roof rails and crossbars which also have Discovery logo on them.
I might possibly remove the crossbars and only use them when I need box... not sure yet.

My dog managed to scratch the fixed side steps! :eek: :cry:
First of many, and it will take the wear and tear away from the actual car entrance.

Goodyear tyres.

All round happy customer. :D

·
Registered
829 Posts
Great news PF! After 2 months wait while your car must have joined the LR world tour you deserve it. As you ticked many options visible from the outside, I would love some detailed pictures! Also a pic of the alu pedals please...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kaik, I will try and do some pics over the weekend.
The loan DS we had did not have the pedal covers, so I feel the alu pedals do look smart and are a worthwhile addition to the inside cabin, especially with the Illuminated TP's adding light to that zone in the evenings.
Having said that I don't think my wife would even know we have them!
The alu pedals and footrest also have the same inprinted design pattern as the TPs so they look at home together.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Morning PF,

Could you send us a picture please?

Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Kaik. I've been really busy and not even seen the car much! Wife is very happy with it though. The evening I got it I took 2 really quick shots on my phone whilst taking roof box off and removing parcel shelf in boot etc. Not even the best angles, I just tried uploading from my phone but they have made uploading pics to this website a pain. I will try on my pc. On Friday I am off so will take some more detailed pics. In particular of the pedals, which I like.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Thank you!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I also wanted to upload some pics of mine but found it more complicated than it needs to be, I have no photos stored online so can't access any ?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
they way i did it was to email photos from my phone to my pc. During that process you can choose to resize the images so the file is smaller.
I then saved new pics and posted.
Any tips on best method would be good. I just posted some pics in gallery but they are low quality.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts