Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Phew. Nasty moment when the bank declined the debit card transaction despite having been forewarned. And their online banking site was offline. I finally got hold of a real person who said, eventually, that they had been "just about" to call me. Right.

Anyway got there. So far so good. Spotted the missing dust cap on the a/c filler connector which they promptly fixed by nicking one off a demonstrator. Spotted the finger print on the C-window the valet guy left on purpose to make the rest of it look even shinier.

Spotted a distinct flat spot when you re-open the throttle after you've slowed down, say to pass a parked car. Do they all do that? Really bad auto gearbox configuration and I note it does it in "Sport" as well. Other than that, so far so good! Now to read the instructions...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Glad you are enjoying. Your new DS. I can't say I've noticed a flat spot as you describe. Maybe it just needs to learn your driving style ;)

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gogsy said:
Glad you are enjoying. Your new DS. I can't say I've noticed a flat spot as you describe. Maybe it just needs to learn your driving style ;)
Could be all autos do that and as a long time preferrer of manual boxes, I don't know it. But it isn't *all* auto boxes as her SLK doesn't do that.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Not a flat spot but takes a split second to compute what speed you are wanting to move off at, with a manual you are telling it what gear you want and how many revs you are putting in, you do get used to it but won't be carrying out any racing starts.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Select sand mode, flick the paddles down so you start in 1st (it defaults to start in 2nd itself), allows for sprited takes offs.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not sure if this is the same flat spot as you are experiencing, but this is what I noticed: foot off gas to slow down, after a bit when I want to speed up again, I press on the gas paddle, takes the auto transmission a second to figure out wth is going on and shift down a gear, and then the power comes on. Sometimes if I'm not careful and step too hard (cuz you know, you step on gas lightly and nothing happens), it'll shift down multiple gears and give quite a jolt when the power comes back.

If that's what you are experiencing I think it's just an auto transmission problem. My old Jetta used to do it too. Use the paddles to shift down first helps a lot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.