Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HSE model and experience weird glitching of the infotainment screen. When the DAB radio is on the screen cycles through the 'sources' and even the main menu options. If I touch anything on the screen nothing happens. And it just keeps cycling through the various menus. It is very frustrating and the when it is happening the whole system is unusable.

Before I take it back to dealer to look at it, I wanted to know if anyone esle is experiencing the same thing and is there a way to reset the inforainment system to help resolve it.

Cheers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will check 'mode' button and report back but unless something got stuck underneath to jam i can't see that being the cause.

It is a difficult problem to replicate. It reminds me of my very first Samsung Galaxy tab which just froze then would randomly open up all sort of apps. A software update cured that problem.

The DS screen was fine for most of yesterday but it started glitching again today. I wondered whether it was the DAB signal dropping out causing it to keep searching for stations but the fact it cycles through almost every menu option seems something else is going on underneath.

My worry is that I turn up at the dealer and it works perfectly and they won't see any issue with it.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts

My worry is that I turn up at the dealer and it works perfectly and they won't see any issue with it.
The force field around the dealer will guarantee that happens :D

·
Registered
329 Posts
Moose said:

The force field around the dealer will guarantee that happens :D
Proven engine, unproven infotainment system :!:

Seriously though never leave a dealer having been told a problem that you know exists doesn't. Plan to leave the car there. if they phone next day and say they cannot repeat the problem politely ask them if they think you're imagining it. Politely remind them that if it's none existent would you really have left your new car with them. Tell them you're not stupid. Tell them irrespective of their ability to repeat the fault you want to see the emails they've had with the factor technical support centre etc etc Unfortunately I've had to use that tactic (actually it got much worse) in the past with Mercedes and it generally makes the fault materialise and they start actually doing some work. Not suggesting you start like this but have a plan to get it resolved and never be fobbed off.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just came back from a quick 5min drive and everything seems to be working fine again. Will give it a couple more days see if a pattern emerges. Will keep you guys up to date.

Thanks for the advice re: dealers. :D It's my first new buy usually get second hand but couldn't wait for the DS.

·
Registered
73 Posts
A lot of issues with the infotainment system, sluggish, crashes, hangs - twice today unable to pkay fro. The iPod completely.
Very buggy. Skipping forwards a track takes 20 seconds to update the display, 10 of which are completely quiet.
Horrible!

·
Registered
36 Posts
That is not normal, seems like it needs checking out

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update: Issue still occurring but strangely it only seems to happen in the morning during journey to work. After about 10mins into journey, the system starts to glitch. No issues on the return journey in the evening so this makes me think a possible cause maybe temperature/air con related.

Morning starts are usually around 3-5 degrees C for the past couple of days. Air con usually in auto mode. After around 10mins of heating on, the system then seem to start to glitch. Nothing works properly for the rest of the journey..radio keeps skipping across channels and pressing any of the screen buttons does not stop it. The system works perfectly on return journey which is usually around 430pm.

Other possible cause could be having two sets of keys in the car at the same time as my wife is usually in the car for the morning journey but only one of us for the return journey. Will try to leave a set of keys at home in the morning tomorrow to see if it makes a difference.

In any case, I filmed the glitching on my phone and will go see the dealer on Saturday.

Incidentally, looking at the LR demo video on YouTube on how to use the DAB radio, it appears to be a slightly different 'look' and menu options to the one I have with my standard HSE. It may just be that it is the layout that comes with the full meridian/entertainment pack.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, seen quite a few reports on the full entertainment system, it uses different infotainment system.
What car and others reported it to be extremely leggy and not as good as the standard system.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Went to see dealer's service centre and told to book it in for a proper look so will drop off next Saturday. They were reluctant to simply update the software and wanted to check with LR Technical first.

I have emailed the videos I took of the issue which they will forward to LR to see if a software fix is needed. Hopefully LR Technical will look at it during the week and all will be sorted by Saturday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts