Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the Glacier interior. I've ordered an HSE Luxury with this interior but I'm undecided as to whether an HSE with Cirrus interior would have been better. The paint colour I've chosen is Corris Grey. Thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Try Ivory also

·
Registered
95 Posts
Cirrus is basically white. Glacier is a light grey with a slight green tint. You have to view the leather samples at your dealers or photos on this forum. The configurator is rubbish.
Martin

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Disco Oldenburg said:
Cirrus is basically white. Glacier is a light grey with a slight green tint. You have to view the leather samples at your dealers or photos on this forum. The configurator is rubbish.
Martin
Quite right but even better if you can see the seats actually in a car gives a much better representation. I have the Ivory seats and am really pleased with my choice.

·
Registered
265 Posts
To my eyes Cirrus is a very pleasant light grey, not really white. If you visit your dealer I'm sure he will have a vehicle with a cirrus interior to show you and probably glacier and ivory also. Be wary of comparing the same name colours in other LR/RR cars as I've found they vary, particularly Ivory which in a RR is much lighter than that in the LR.

Tim

·
Registered
677 Posts
Cirrus, as said is a pale grey.

·
Registered
567 Posts
+1
Newbie post here... I'm in similar position, just put deposit down on HSE and can't decide between the Ebony, Cirrus or Almond. I went to the dealer yesterday and took some pics - whilst the colour is always tricky to capture you get the feeling. The Cirrus is really light and looks amazing in a new car. For my situation I'm concerned how it will wear though (two primary school kids). On a demo Evoque I looked at with same Cirrus leather I could see wear on entry side of drivers seat plus on the light inside door panels. I've put a link to some dropbox photos here hope that helps. I would be interested in everyone's experience with living with those leathers. How it lasts, maintenance etc.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w7vui3h6runxzg4/AACqXUzKzz4C3gdjy1X25Mx-a?dl=0

·
Registered
265 Posts
We ran an Evoque for 3 years with a Cirrus interior and our DS has the same. Whilst we are retired my wife looks after our 2 1/2 year old granddaughter each week so it does get a proper workout. However we've found that the trim cleans up very easily with a damp cloth or a proprietary interior cleaner; it only takes a few minutes once a week and to compensate for this you get a beautiful light and airy interior. The Evoque had no signs of wear when it was part-exchanged for the DS and I'm sure the dealer would have commented had they found any issues.
So don't worry about how it will wear, make your choice on the colour you prefer .

Tim

·
Registered
88 Posts
it only takes a few minutes once a week
That's a few minutes more than I'm willing to spend cleaning car interiors (and surely it's more than a few minutes?).

I've opted for Glacier also - and have taken into account the practicality of an almost white Cirrus. Can't dispute Cirrus looks great but don't fancy trying to keep it looking good with 2 infant/toddlers in the back..

·
Registered
265 Posts
A few minutes is my experience, its only a brief wipe-over with a damp cloth. Glacier is pretty light so will need a regular clean also. Whatever colour you've chosen a great car; had our for 4 months and 5k miles and apart from sat-nav not having place names its been perfect.
tim

·
Registered
677 Posts
It takes seconds to do a seat with one of those leather wipes, especially if done on a regular basis. This is the first time I've had a light interior and 4 months in it still looks perfect. I still haven't taken the leather car tag of the back seats.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.