Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had the total pleasure of 2.5 hours sitting waiting for LR recovery (actually some 3rd party) to arrive this afternoon to tow my beloved 2 month old DS Auto to god knows where.

Happily sitting pootling along and get a message saying GEAR BOX LOCKED alternating with PARKING BRAKE FAULT. Car stuck itself in P and I had to glide over to the hard shoulder.

Left it 10 seconds, restarted, seemed find then 100 yards down the road bang off it went again.

Phoned LR - had the worlds worst wait while they sent someone from about 40 miles away to collect me and the car, eventually I went one way with one fella and the car went the other way to be returned to my dealer sometime tomorrow.

In the meantime the lovely people at Enterprise have furnished me with a luxury 2012 Toyota Aygo - have to say am loving the premium brand experience.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Let's face it, the DS is a pile of rubbish. Mines in dry dock awaiting a new wiring harness after the original one shorted. When my car returns, my wife is refusing to drive it again. :?
I just want rid now. Fast becoming the worst car I have ever owned.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Every car manufacturer has problems and every car has the potential to break down. The DS isn't rubbish, your DS maybe rubbish but not all. Mines had minor build quality issues but nothing major, my previous 6 LRs have been bomb proof.

These gearbox issues ain't anything to do with the DS, the Evoque has been plagued by faults with the ZF unit from the start, part of the reason I went back to manual.

You shouldn't be accepting anything other than an LR product, that's the agreement between LR Assist and enterprise, get on the phone and demand a like for like car. It happened to me with my D3, enterprise tried to fob me off with a Chevrolet Matiz, refused it and after much debate a Land Rover Discovery 3 SE was found at another branch.

Hopefully your back in your DS soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.