Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning All

There has been some talk on here about GAP Insurance albeit in other topics.

I've had a quote from gapinsurance.co.uk for Invoice = £119.98 and Replacement = £146.21

Prices seem awfully cheap in comparison to the dealer and indeed ALA prices that some have quoted on here.

Does anybody know anything about this company / have used them / could have a look at their site and tell him if it all looks OK?

Thanks All

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I have not heard of these guys before but I will check them out as i am after Gap insurance

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just cancelled the LR offered gap insurance, no doubt much to dealers annoyance - as I found on getting insurance arranged that NFU Mutual do 2 years old for new as standard in their policy, and overall cost was competitive. Now may look to see if I can insure year 3 only somehow! Dealer then made me look at their offered (and included in the invoice almost without being asked) insurance for tyres & wheels and 'SMART' and ended up cancelling those too. SMART cover seems to be similar at half the price with ALA. Tyres - that worked when I had thought it was 5 replacements including for normal wear, but you'd have to be pretty unlucky to get the money back on several punctures!

Sorry Mr Salesman, I suspect that hurt as there was plenty of margin in their offer for loads of commission!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts