Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One week after it came of the assembly line it is still not available for the dealer to call it down, what more who work at car plants are telling me don't worry it's probably gone into a rework loop - WHAT :eek:

·
Registered
230 Posts
its frustrating, my collection date was 13th March, and I haven't even got a date at the minute...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ahhhhh, you must be soooooo frustrated. Commiserations guys.

I just don't know what's going on, some on here are getting delays while others are getting bumped forward. I mentioned the delays with my dealer on Saturday and he resolutely assured me that my collection on Sat 28th would be safe - I'm not holding my breath ... well perhaps a little!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I share your frustration - though Moose, at least you seem to get some information as to where things might be at. All I know is that the build date was week ending 27/02, the original delivery to dealer date was w/e 13/03 and that has twice gone out, one week at a time, to now be w/e 27/03. More info from LR / dealer would be good! Our three cars seem to be having a party somewhere at Halewood or Gaydon... who knows.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Are you guys actually being contacted by your dealers and informed of these delays? I don't hear anything from mine unless I call him!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Same here mattrix. I get no updates from my dealer unless i email him first..........

·
Registered
20 Posts
No voluntarily offered info from my dealer. I too have to pester them for any response.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same here ... when I EMAIL keep on being told in approx 10 days ... but otherwise the dealer is not proactively reaching out - BTW - I've been told 10 days 3 times now and today he told me the factory is not answering the phone ! Hard to believe !

·
Registered
179 Posts
Same here! They only check when I actually go to the showroom it seems - email goes unanswered generally, but he does usually return calls eventually. I am assuming that they will probably contact me when it actually lands on their property though!!

·
Registered
677 Posts
My one has just been called over, it was supposed to be called over last week build held up at quality control. So there is no chance of picking it up on Friday as planned, it will be another week yet due to work.

New collection date 27/03/15

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
J77 said:
My one has just been called over, it was supposed to be called over last week build held up at quality control. So there is no chance of picking it up on Friday as planned, it will be another week yet due to work.

New collection date 27/03/15
It's the quality control rework loop bit that worries me, my lad worked on one at Bentley a few years back and the fixes even on those are amusing to those not buying the car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just been informed that my dates have been put back 4 weeks. Originally was planned build 27 Feb with delivery due 27 Mar. Now been advised that the vehicle is not going to build until 27 Mar with delivery 17 Apr. :(
At least from the comments of those on this forum, it looks like it is going to be worth the wait. ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Blimey, pushed back by four weeks?

This makes no sense when others of us are having our builds moved forward.

I wonder if it's a parts/spec issue? How else do you explain the discrepancies?

·
Registered
329 Posts
mattrix299 said:
Blimey, pushed back by four weeks?

This makes no sense when others of us are having our builds moved forward.

I wonder if it's a parts/spec issue? How else do you explain the discrepancies?
With this one I'd suspect that the dealer didn't have the slot they told bobd confirmed, or they gave your slot to someone shouting louder. Why did it take them until over two weeks after the build date to tell bobd it wasn't being built? Build delays come up on the system well before the build date as far as I can tell. Smells fishy to me.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Each time I buy a new car I mistakenly think the dealers will treat me as more than a number, at the end of the day they are after a profit. If I walked into Guy Salmon and offer an extra 20k to get a DS by the weekend they would not be doing there job if they did not try.

·
Registered
38 Posts
As a first time customer, am I perhaps being put to the bottom of the pile ? :(

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don't think the dealers appreciate what a big deal this purchase is to most of us. Buying a luxury car is probably the biggest purchase most of us will ever make other than our homes. I also don't think they appreciate what big kids most of us are, we've ordered our new toys and we want them now!!!!

We walk into a swish dealership and spend £40k thinking we're something special, thinking this is a luxury brand with luxury service to match. But we forget, we're just another customer, we mean no more to the LR sales executive than the guy who buys a Dacia Sandero means to the salesman at Dacia.

I started collecting luxury watches a few years ago and I made this mistake then. I walked into the jewellers expecting to be treated like royalty (I'm not a snob, honestly, I just hope for good service when I'm paying good money). Instead I suffered the familiar problems of unreturned calls etc.

Come on LR, get with the programme. Start appreciating that this is a big deal to us, it's a big expense and an exciting one!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts