Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read others who say front sensors come on automatically when reverse is selected and the only way to get front sensors on in drive is to manually select them, for what ever reason my fronts come on automatically if Drive is selected.
If fact if you leave it in Drive, apply the hand brake and get some one to walk across the front of the car at varying distances you can get the different segments and lights to come on. Maybe my car is odd, but it does work that way.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Mine don't come on in drive but they do if I select neutral on the auto box, this can be a pain if you are sitting in traffic and want to put on the handbrake and leave the engine stopped (from Stop/Start) and so select the neutral setting.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I think normally the front sensors turn on for about a minute AFTER you selected reverse... The idea is to be functional while parking. Correct?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
May be they should but mine don't, Not complaining (for once) i can drive home and they bleep as i miss the caravan tow hitch when i turn on the drive.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Well done Moose, wish mine would stay on, still can't get my head around why they come on in neutral but they do. Surely wouldn't have been hard for them to stay on when selected and turn off when deselected.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.