Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon people. I am new to all this but keen to learn.
Having purchased a 2015 DS SE Tech. 2.2 diesel manual, 7 seats & pana roof. There are a few of things I would appreciate any (sensible) comments on.
Is the SD card slot of any practical use. The one behind liner in luggage area.
Has there been any easy and simple way to cure the tailgate water issue. although currently its not collecting much due to dry weather. Although, having some stored may have been useful now we have a hose pipe ban !!!!
I have read some horror stories on the forum regarding the 2.0 ingenium engine. I believe the one I have purchased was the last run using the old Freelender 2 engine. Is this correct and is the engine fairly solid and trouble free. Assuming its looked after.

Have to say, VERY pleased with the car, so far.
Local dealer not overly interested in customer relations and mildly disappointed with lack of interest. but found local independent that seems good so far.
Purchased from a person not overly familiar with the car as they were selling on behalf of their 92 year old mother, who only used it to take her dog out !!!!!!. Lucky dog I think.
So not sure what the SE Tech has as standard equipment that should work.
Any comments or suggestions would be gratefully received

·
Registered
27 Posts
I remember the first time I opened my tailgate after it had been in a downpour - a stream of water came out of the RH side of it. I was all set to get back to the dealer, but in the meantime, I'd added some aftermarket roof rails which replace the finishers on the roof. It hasn't happened since.

When I was taking the finishers off, I noticed that someone had added silicone underneath, so I assume this is where the water was getting in. Might be worth a check.

2.2 has been great so far. I was originally doing a long commute, but for the last year it's mainly had local trips with the odd long blast. Nothing to report (y)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts