Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes after going missing on the 11th of March Land Rover exec customer service has sent me a email today saying it has been found and is now ready to be called in by the Dealer, the question is now what should JLR give me for loosing my car for three weeks.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Lucky Moose, are you TOPix yet?
Mine still missing and not on TOPix, but they have given me a demonstrator DS.
Did they loan you a car?
Bet you cant wait to get it now.
Obviously i'm interested to see how they treat you. My LR dealer have implied that as they have loaned me a DS i should be in no hurry to get my own one!

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Hello Moose, my first thought would be to have a detailed explanation as to what when wrong. That's what they always wanted from me when I was working with one of their suppliers. Of course an adequate apology must, in this case, be of a financial nature. I'd start at a thousand and see how they react. The trouble with extras is that JLR might try to load the dealer with the costs, same as things like free services for say two years. Anyway glad it's been found and good luck with your demands.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Free servicing pack as a minimum

·
Registered
329 Posts
So glad it has been found.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a loan car arriving tomorrow which TBH is a tad late but at the time it was arranged the DS had not reappeared.

As for keeping me hanging on for 3 weeks, bearing in mind that mine did not suffer any of the bulletins for software or seat catches I am preparing a list intitled 'how Land Rover can make me feel like they care'
I have just started page two :twisted:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Great news Moose picked mine up Sunday very nice it will be worth the wait

Andy

·
Registered
344 Posts
Great stuff Moose. Glad that you are back on track again.
Hit JLR for a bit of compo, go for it I think you are well justified.
Best of luck and enjoy when you receive.

·
Registered
89 Posts
After reading about your issues I,m glad for you that they have now got your DS located and on its way to you. As Chippy911 said a full explanation of what happened would be the first thing they should do. Followed by how they'll change things so that it doesn't happen again and finally shower you with a loads of freebies or at least give you some of your options for free.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Moose said:
I have a loan car arriving tomorrow which TBH is a tad late but at the time it was arranged the DS had not reappeared.

As for keeping me hanging on for 3 weeks, bearing in mind that mine did not suffer any of the bulletins for software or seat catches I am preparing a list intitled 'how Land Rover can make me feel like they care'
I have just started page two :twisted:
No doubt headed up by a paragraph entitled "Distress Caused" :lol:

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It has now appear on Topix so things are moving along.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Moose said:
It has now appear on Topix so things are moving along.
Mine appeared on TOPIX yesterday! Dealer told me it was going into build on the 3rd March and TOPIX shows 12th March! Should have had it on the 24th March and there is still no sign of it being delivered to the dealers. Dealer tells me that JLR are not giving them any details. I will be asking for compensation.

·
Registered
329 Posts
welshdisco said:
I will be asking for compensation.
What losses have you incurred?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:D It now at the dealers - getting closer

·
Registered
15 Posts
When are you collecting Moose?

Mine arrived at dealers yesterday but I couldn't go today. Collecting at 1pm tomorrow. Can't wait to get it.
Dealer has been good having lent me Range Rover Vogue last week - fuel and bottle of champagne included. Thanks to [email protected] for helping me when no info was forthcoming.

·
Registered
506 Posts
It's been a long haul for you Moose. So glad it's almost over. I'm sure you'll love it.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Even decided not to go away in the caravan so I could collect it. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts