Discovery Sport Forum banner

Found & Delivered !

4K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  philn 
#1 ·
At Last !, picked it up on Tuesday, impressions so far…..yes the pics are poor, fading light after a late collection

Good:
• I really like the infotainment and sat nav, much quicker that idrive and the dab radio is excellent.
• Bluetooth streaming works a treat
• Space, loads of it
• Heated steering wheel & screen - in use yesterday morning
• Cooled seats - In full use yesterday afternoon ! :cool:
• Handling & ride is exceptional, soft & supple over bumps and on the motorway, but really poised on the twisty bits
• Looks great

Ok
• Centre console materials, not as bad as I remembered
• Could do with a bit more power, but I'm assuming the engine is bit tight and this will loosened up with time

Things to find out / test:
• Make the mirrors auto fold on locking
• Auto parking

Bad (well not really)
• No armrest - not something I noticed before but I am so used to one it's a bit odd now, the centre cubby hole seems too far back for my short arm.
• Reference short arm above, the home button on the infotainment is too far away, would have been better on the drivers side !!, maybe I should just move the seat closer !
• Solution to the above - longer left arm :lol:

Oh and dealer has ordered me the 'correct' lux mats, all in all I am really pleased it was definitely worth the wait :D :D

Car Vehicle Automotive side marker light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Vehicle

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Glad you like your car looks really good.

On a couple of your queries I am no expert but looking in the handbook on page 68 it says the mirrors can be configured by the dealer to auto fold on locking so you may not be able to do this. Mine were set to fold when I collected the car, they only fold on the second push of the lock button not the first see page 15.

Regarding the arm rest, when you slide it forward I find it o.k..

Regarding auto parking I haven't tried this out yet but sure it will be useful once worked out.

Enjoy

#5 ·
philn said:
Glad you like your car looks really good.

On a couple of your queries I am no expert but looking in the handbook on page 68 it says the mirrors can be configured by the dealer to auto fold on locking so you may not be able to do this. Mine were set to fold when I collected the car, they only fold on the second push of the lock button not the first see page 15.

Regarding the arm rest, when you slide it forward I find it o.k..

Regarding auto parking I haven't tried this out yet but sure it will be useful once worked out.

Enjoy
Armrest fixed - thanks guys !
Mirrors do not fold on double lock so I will get dealer to update

#7 ·
I wonder if the positioning of the "home" button is for L Hand drive where I guess JLR will make most sales

#8 ·
Right I got the mirrors to fold on lock, not sure 100% how though, this is what I did.

Car stopped & I folder mirrors in, double locked car. Returned to car and mirrors did not unfold when unlocked so I unfolded them when in the car. Next time I single locked the car the mirrors folded in & when unlocked they unfolded. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.