Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't get my car for another ten days (at least!), but I have a question for all you lucky guys out there who've already collected.

Regarding the folding wing mirrors. Can you change the setting so that they fold automatically when you lock the car, and unfold when you unlock?

This facility was available on all my previous BMWs and it was easily set from the car's menu. However, reading the DS manual online it looks as though in order to link the fold/unfold to locking/unlocking you have to get the dealer to make the adjustment for you. That seems absurd, surely it should be a simple menu option?

Has anyone come across this? And can you offer any advice?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Rather hoping this is the default mode - as it is on my FL2 (2nd hand so maybe had to be set that way before my time with it).

·
Registered
58 Posts
There is an option in settings, mine is set up to fold in when locked and open when unlocked, so you've got no worries :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thank you, I was also wondering this on read some where is done by the dealer and had asked the dealer to set it to fold before I collect car, he never told me it was in the car menu

·
Registered
562 Posts
If you read the DS OM there are quite a few dealer configurable options. Mine fold in & out on door locking and I never asked for it, so maybe default setting.

·
Registered
98 Posts
No sign of mine being built yet....must be looking for parts!!! :lol: I can't therefore comment on whether the fold on lock of the mirrors is the default setting. However, I do seem to recall reading in the online owners' manual that for those with the memory pack (as an option or in the Lux version) the external mirrors can be set (by the dealer) to auto-dip on selecting reverse. I don't think this is an option on the menu. No doubt others who have their wheels can confirm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
When I got home after picking the car up from the dealer, I noticed that the wing mirrors weren't folding on lock/unlock. So I tried the procedure whereby you press both the left and right wing mirror adjust buttons at the same time, which makes them both fold in/out whilst the engine is on, and thereafter they have continued to fold automatically in/out on locking/unlocking.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all for your swift replies. Looks like I have nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Dip on reverse is an configurable option via the centre menu (not the touch screen)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Also the wing mirror dip on reverse feature only works if you have the memory seats.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Mine fold when I lock the car and unfold when I unlock the car, just as they did on my 08 FL2.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Did anyone find if it is possible to prevent door mirrors folding during ice conditions?

·
Super Moderator
7,158 Posts
PedroT said:
Did anyone find if it is possible to prevent door mirrors folding during ice conditions?
I believe if you fold using the two buttons at the same time before exit , they stay in on next opening ,but give it a try .
You then unfold the same way.

Not tried this yet though , thinking I should 🤔

·
Registered
344 Posts
Correct Barnish.
I use the two buttons to fold my mirrors in before going into my garage.
The mirrors remain turned in until I press the tw buttons once out of the garage.
I have been doing this since I got the car in 2015.
Works great with no detrimental effects to the normal actions of he mirrors.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Why don't we want the mirrors to fold in icy conditions?

·
Super Moderator
7,158 Posts
Dashnine said:
Why don't we want the mirrors to fold in icy conditions?
Cause they crunch and struggle to open when frozen , one of the hondas crunched then never worked again :-(

·
Registered
862 Posts
I can see what you mean on the 2 button thing, however I am looking to avoid any folding at all when ice is forecast!!

·
Super Moderator
7,158 Posts
Unless it's a menu option Pedro , I can't remember though If there's an autofold option.

·
Super Moderator
7,158 Posts
I think your right Chippy, I remember this was discussed in a thread about extended caravan mirrors and a dealer change was made , but can't find the thread .

1 - 20 of 28 Posts