Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am collecting my car tomorrow from Marshalls of Peterborough. I called today to confirm everything was in order only to be told - your car is ready however the towbar is not fitted!!!

Apparently towbars are on back order from Landrover so I will collect the car and they will fit the towbar at a later date.

Disappointing but not a deal breaker - can't wait for tomorrow, I won't sleep a wink tonight lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi. Have you got your tow bar fitted yet? I ordered a fixed tow bar and a spare wheel, but collected the car 3 weeks ago without them as 'Land Rover had a problem' supplying the tow bar. I'm not in too much of a hurry but would like to use the caravan at half term so hopefully the problem is being sorted? Anyone got these on their car?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Crikey, never mind the part to your bumper, it looks like that needs a warning sign attached to it, how much does it overhang at the back ?
Have you got a side view.

That looks like something I could seriously damage my shins on ?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
The ball position will be the same for the factory fit removable bar, its in the manual somewhere.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
No need to reprogramme sensors, I hven't had any issues with towbar. The added part is a protection cover and in my opinion looks really good with black roof.

·
Registered
7 Posts
can i ask, the tow bar that is pictured - is that a fixed one !?

I bought a car from lookers in bishops stortford last week to tow various things, we need to tow on a regular basis, horse box, caravan, trailers, all sorts. they were putting it on for us ready for collection, only to be told they couldn't fix the tow bar as there is an extra bumper bit they need and had ordered it that day so could we pop in or they would come to us and fix it on in the next few days - well after a list as long as my arm of problems with the car - one being no seat belt in one of the back seats, we took it back and asked for all to be rectified before we collected. were given a se tech model in exchange until our hse was ready, a week later and we have been told the list is all done except the tow bar which is on back order. no point in having the car if i can't tow with it !!!

no idea what i should do, how i should deal with it [email protected]!

i have rang customer service nos on the landrover uk website, they advised me to call another land rover dealer and spoken to their parts dept to see if this is correct. which is did. it does seem to be right. all the tow bars and accessories are on back order with no suggested date as when they will be delivered. so i feel i have spent 45k on a car that is useless !

any suggestions folk !!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Reply from Land Rover regarding Tow Bar electrics and lack of them for dealers to fit

Dear Mr Tozer,

Thank you for your email.

I am delighted to hear that you are the owner of one of our Land Rover vehicles.

In regards to your enquiry I can confirm that I have contacted the relevant department who have confirmed that the specific component is due to be available for Land Rover retailers to place an order for by the 6th July 2015.

May I apologise for any inconvenience that the wait for this part may have caused, however I would be more than happy to contact the Land Rover retailer in order to request for them to check the status on this continuously.

I can assure you that the Land Rover retailer will be in contact at the earliest opportunity to provide you with an update on this.

If you have any further enquiries please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Yours sincerely,

Hannah Palfreyman
Social Media Coordinator
UK Customer Relationship Centre

1 - 13 of 13 Posts