Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone fitted a dash cam yet, and if so where have you picked up power from and hidden the wiring?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hi Sydriderau
I'd also like to get this info on the best way to hard-wire a dash cam.
I have had one in other cars and it's always just been a cig plug job which is pretty untidy and sometimes lets the power wire get caught up.
It's pretty easy to get the wire up high etc. just feed it under the edge of the headlining but the rest can turn into a bit of a mess of wire hanging about.
If I come with anything when I get my DS (planned for a early Dec delivery) I'll keep you informed.
The type of dash cam may also mean it has to be powered after the ignition is off as well.
Mine has a feature (never used it yet) that will record when the car is parked, I don't intend to use this in the new DS either. so for me all I need is a power source that turns off with the ignition...
Anyway, as I said if I can find a way I'll keep you informed.
Cheers

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
I'm still waiting for my DS but fitted hardwired dashcams before to my rrsport and did a step by step for fellow forum members here that will give an idea of what to do http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic28640.html?highlight=blackvue

Basically hide cable in headlining and A pillar down to fuses then piggyback fuses for power

·
Registered
353 Posts
In a similar vain has anyone hard wired something from the dashboard down, as opposed to going up, through the headlining and back down the A pillar? Have a snooper and want to sit it on the dashboard and go down behind the dash into the fuse box. Any simple routes?? And I'm guessing still the cig lighter fuse which isn't used?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.