Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I am a first time LR owner trying to wait patiently for my DS...... Seeing everyone's photos on here just adds to the tension!

Build date was w/e 6th March but actual build was on 12th. Has not been released yet. Chased dealer yesterday and they told me a quality issue was causing vehicles to be quarantined. 6 they had delivered are being held and mine they said was probably not being released for the same reason.

Apparently an issue with the 2nd row fold release.

Anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
slider said:
Just been browsing Topix after I read about delivery suspended notice mention somewhere on the forum...seems like there is an issue with rear seat latching/release for 3rd row access..I collected my car on Saturday and its VIN is included in the service action, so has now an outstanding notice against it...anyone who has a car within the VIN range who has not collected car will not get it until a release bulletin is issued by the factory, as there is now a quarantine order on affected VIN's....VIN number ends at around LC 16761 - seems like they have no fix at the moment either :(
Just seen someone else has posted this :-(

http://www.discosportforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=335

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi Ste1704,

Yes seen this on Topix and the advice to dealers is to quarantine until a fix can be sorted.

Haven't checked mine yet to see if mines affected :shock: .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for confirming. Dealer was supposed to get back to me with an update but not heard anything. As its built but not released should the dealer know the VIN and be able to check whether mine is affected?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
They know the chassis number as I have mine, I will be finding out if they know the VIN first thing tomorrow.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi Ste1704,

I too am a first time LR purchaser, desperate to get my hands on my new DS.

My car was in build late last week, I haven't heard anything from my dealer regarding a delay, but judging by his communication so far (see my poll elsewhere on the forum) that doesn't mean there isn't one! I'll be emailing him in the morning.

Here's hoping we all get our cars very soon.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
mattrix299 said:
Hi Ste1704,

I too am a first time LR purchaser, desperate to get my hands on my new DS.

As a owners of many over the years you need deep pockets, there is a never ending collection of goodies to lavish on your Land Rover. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts