Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed yesterday that there was an annoying squeak coming from the rear of the car, initially thought it was coming from my box of bits and pieces I keep in the boot. Took it out for a run today minus my box of junk, sorry essential bits and pieces :lol: but noise still there.

I have now managed to trace it to the rear seats, if I press on the centre seat the squeak disappears. Dropped it into the dealers today, unfortunately can't squeeze it in today, so I asked for next week, no can do as the master technician wants to look at and he is off next week, so 15th April its booked in for.

They think it's recall Q477 showing on topix, I thought that was the BARF problems though. To me it feels like the seat is loose on the runners.

Doesn't put me off the car, the rest of it is fantastic and really enjoying it.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I was talking to a guy last week at an SMMT event who supplies greases to JLR to stop squeaks on trim and seats, I will try to post up a link

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I said that I thought it was just needing some grease in the hope they would give it a quick grease to see if it helps.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Had the same squeak from rear, had it once....

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never reappeared or fixed it ?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks

I think I'll let the dealer choose which one :lol:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mines does this too, the first few days i got in the back while wife was driving, and it stopped, got back in the front and it started again. and it doesn't happen if i have the two near side seats down. I also tried with the arm rest down, which i thought had fixed it, but it started again.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My one seems to have a bit of play in the rear seats.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, have this squeak from the rear as well. Went to the dealer, and the squeak was not there ! Now the squeak came back. Thought its the snap lock from the centre back, but some grease didnt help. Any other ideas ?

·
Registered
89 Posts
We had a rattle/squeak in the back. It was caused by the seat belts getting stuck between the side of the seat and plastic panel. caused by the plastic on the seat belt. You can check this by plugging the seat belts in when not in use. I fixed it by covering it with anti rattle tape. it would have been better if LR allowed the buckle to go all the way to the top out of the way. If that doesn't fix it then it could be the back on the seat rubbing against the plastic in the boot. Pull the seat forwards a bit, or again stick anti rattle tape to the area that rubs. In ours you could see clearly were the seat had been rubbing as it had created a mark.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dealer fixed my one, when I picked the car up it was late on so it was a salesman that gave me my keys, therefor I didn't get an explanation of what was done. But it's all quite now :D

The noise from my one disappeared when I applied gentle pressure on the centre seat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same issue...i lifted the seat area (on the dual seat side as that's where the squeak was coming from) by releasing the two small white locks under the seat (they look like two small white triangles that you slide and that releases the seat clasp) I then clean the white locks with a bit of soapy water and reseated the seat locks...no issue since

·
Registered
1 Posts
My car has been back in the dealers twice with noises from the rear. First time, they removed the rear seats and greased the base rods. Second time they had to secure the trims to the pillar on the rear passenger side. There are still some rattles and vibrations I can't pinpoint. Having owned 4 Freelanders I am a but disappointed with the build quality of my Disco Sport

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm far from impressed with my DS, already contacted my salesman to see how bad it would hurt to switch back to a D4. The DS isn't bad but I expected more for my £40k.

·
Registered
344 Posts
J77
Hey! that's a pity about you and DS i thought you had sorted out your problems.
But, i will be interested to see how you get on with the dealer and the D4.
You know i did deliberate myself during the DS purchase about a D4 but it would have had to be a lower spec.
I am happy with the DS at present but, still think now and then when i see a D4 on the road.
Best of luck.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was probably being a bit harsh, there is a lot to like about the DS and I don't dislike it, I just miss my D4, my salesmans on holiday for a fortnight so plenty of time to think about it. But deep down the sensible option is to stick with the DS, it fits in the drive but still big enough for the dog and I've probably halved my running costs plus I could only stretch to an SE and there are a few things on my DS that I like, xenons, pano roof etc. Also I'm keen to see what LR do with the D5 or whatever they choose to call it.

My gripes are relatively minor compared to some on here, gearbox issues etc

So I doubt the DS will be going anytime soon.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The seat rattles must be a common issue as they have issued a campaign Q489 2nd row seat rattle and squeaks on Topix now. At least it give a little confidence that they now know how to stop it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had that squeak for the first couple of days, but soon went after the seats had been moved back and forwards / folded a few times, and a couple of passengers sat in them. Now that they've "settled" I've had no problem with them.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts