Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A pet hate of mine are nice alloy wheels with rustle calipers behind, so my first (or nearly first) will be to paint the calipers.
Some Range Rovers and RRS have ruby red calipers but my choice will be the mid blue that the RRS SVR has.

·
Registered
381 Posts
My first job when I get a new car is a good layer of Autoglym High Definition wax.

·
Registered
829 Posts
My first job will be a visit to RICA for a 230bhp / 500NM tune on the 150bhp 2.0 Diesel, Swisstec polish should already be dealer supplied including a guarding seal of the almond leather. At home, I just need to fit the 9" DVD screens for the kids and possibly Alligator wheel protectors to keep the black wheels nice...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Moose said:
A pet hate of mine are nice alloy wheels with rustle calipers behind, so my first (or nearly first) will be to paint the calipers.
Some Range Rovers and RRS have ruby red calipers but my choice will be the mid blue that the RRS SVR has.
Would you be doing this, or getting them powder coated ?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nubmaster said:
Moose said:
To powder coat would mean removing and stripping the calipers down which is a lot of effort. no I will just remove the body and take the clips and pads out, suspend the body on a piece of wire under the arch to paint it and paint the carrier in-situ. - I find some pictures of the D3 calipers.

However if you want to do this,

Gas Fixture Composite material Flooring Wood

they have to come off :D

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Moose said:
Nubmaster said:
Moose said:
To powder coat would mean removing and stripping the calipers down which is a lot of effort. no I will just remove the body and take the clips and pads out, suspend the body on a piece of wire under the arch to paint it and paint the carrier in-situ. - I find some pictures of the D3 calipers.

However if you want to do this,

View attachment 304

they have to come off :D
Oooo want those !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts