Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery on Tuesday of an HSE TD4. First thoughts:

Compared to Freelander body control is much better. Driving position feels very car like though. Really miss the old Freelander driving position.

Engine is smooth and quiet. Coming from a V6 Grand Cherokee I thought i would find a 4 pot engine a bit rough. Hardly notice the difference though. All the motoring hacks who go on about the engine obviously can't find anything else to write about.

Lack of seat adjustment (you can't raise and lower the front of the seat, only the back) is really rubbish, and I wished I had specified memory seats. I also messed up in that I assumed that keyless entry was standard. I really miss that as fishing for your keys when your arms are full is a pain.

Rear window size is annoying, and if I'm honest we have probably chosen a car that is slightly too small for us.

Overall though it is really nice. Quite happy with it.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Anyone else noticed the massive rear heated windscreen stripes?
Surely that is not necessary? My Evoque didn't have such visible lines...

·
Registered
118 Posts
KaikouraDiscoSport said:
More rear window to see through than an Evoque so I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
KaikouraDiscoSport said:
That the first thing I noticed when I drove one back the tail end of last year, I though at the time that will be a problem, however I can't say I notice it much now, I am far more concerned with the lack of rear 3/4 vision.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.