Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Great community here :)

Singapore orders have just commenced... so we got the keys to our HSE yesterday.

We only get the petrol Si4 here, diesel is not offered (although it is for the RR Sport). The specs are generally quite high, and all are supplied as 5+2 - I've attached a photo of the standard spec sheet. Our unit has ventilated seats (for the aircon...) and black pack, plus a few other bits and pieces like side steps etc.. Privacy glass is not available as it does not meet local requirements. Also the windscreen airbag and assisted emergency brake control are removed for Singapore.

As an FYI for the brits who like to complain their cars are more expensive than others on the continent, the HSE here starts at $270k Singapore dollars, or around $127k GBP... the equivalent of a GT3 :) As a GT3 owner also I shan't go into how much that costs here! There are lots of other complicated tax rules such as having to pay again when your car is 10 years old etc., but that's for another day!

First impressions of the car is that it looks great. Proportions are perfect, as is the overall packaging and space. The overall body control is also excellent - compliant but handles its weight well. While the steering is electric it is well weighted around town and on the highway, and has more feedback than I expected.

However there is no getting away from the poor gearbox programming. There is a real dead zone from stand still, and it shifts up far too early and quickly, even in sport. This coupled with the lack of boost down low makes the car seem very lethargic. There is also a lurch between 2nd an 3rd.. just a second or so to shift, but its noticeable. Given 90% of the car's time is in city driving, it is a little frustrating. So we end up driving it in manual mode for now and hoping there is an update in the future.

Other oddities include memory seats that are not linked to a key (i.e. to remember different driver preferences without having to manually press a memory button) and automatic parking that only does parallel parking and exit (surely if it can do this then it can also do reverse-entry parking without having to pay extra?). The satnav is a big step on from the past, but you can't enter a road name without first selecting a town (in Singapore this doesn't make sense... it's like wanting to enter a road name in London but having to know the suburb first... which in many cases you don't have to hand). Also the fuel gauge is inconsistent (was just above three quarters last night but then showed almost full this morning). The final oddity I've noticed is that during navigation the music will pause while a direction is read out, rather than just lowering the music volume... as there is a half second gap between stopping and then again starting the music after each turn reading).

Ok some photos for now :)

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Grille

Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

Font Wood Handwriting Book Paper

Handwriting Rectangle Wood Font Parallel

Attachments

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Congratulations on your car Oliie, looks great. A lot of your concerns have also been mentioned on our cars, let's hope LR are listening.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.