Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Looking good!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
Can you order the 20" gloss black wheels separately from a full Black Pack?
Nice!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was waiting for somebody to point out it wasn't the black pack. Well done that man.

I wanted the black pack but couldn't afford the HSE and then the £1200 on top of that for the pack but I did know a local company that sprays wheels and body parts. So each wheel cost me £70 each, grill and side vents £100, centre cap covers £9 (eBay) and black/silver badges £10 (eBay) so only £399 all in and I'm just left finding black lettering for the bonnet and back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
Good job!

I am convinced all my options work for me except for gloss black wheels. My issue is that I like the very light silver wheels even less so I may consider spraying the gloss black 20" wheels in "Gun Metal / Corris Grey". I hope LR creates a range of wheels in 19" and 20" in that colour...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Corris Grey would look good against a light colour car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
MrShum said:
I was waiting for somebody to point out it wasn't the black pack. Well done that man.

I wanted the black pack but couldn't afford the HSE and then the £1200 on top of that for the pack but I did know a local company that sprays wheels and body parts. So each wheel cost me £70 each, grill and side vents £100, centre cap covers £9 (eBay) and black/silver badges £10 (eBay) so only £399 all in and I'm just left finding black lettering for the bonnet and back.
You have done an excellent job. I don't think many would notice it's not the black pack and most would have no idea anyway. How much was the upgrade to 20" wheels?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tomt said:
You have done an excellent job. I don't think many would notice it's not the black pack and most would have no idea anyway. How much was the upgrade to 20" wheels?
Thanks. I can't remember of the top of my head, it was one of the option packs that gives 20" wheels, black roof and privacy glass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BlameTheParents said:
Nice one. You could get it debadged then nobody would be any the wiser!
Thanks. I did think about that but quite like the black wording. Landrover wants about £200 for the black lettering so I"m happy to wait for somebody on eBay to do it a lot cheaper lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
MrShum said:
BlameTheParents said:
Nice one. You could get it debadged then nobody would be any the wiser!
Thanks. I did think about that but quite like the black wording. Landrover wants about £200 for the black lettering so I"m happy to wait for somebody on eBay to do it a lot cheaper lol
Permanent marker? hahaha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also in LR logic you can't buy the word 'Discovery' as one part! There is two parts to it, you have to buy the part DISCO and the part VERY.

The only benefit to this as I can see if you rather have the wording VERY DISCO on the front instead of DISCOVERY lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
MrShum said:
Also in LR logic you can't buy the word 'Discovery' as one part! There is two parts to it, you have to buy the part DISCO and the part VERY.

The only benefit to this as I can see if you rather have the wording VERY DISCO on the front instead of DISCOVERY lol.
Or just order DISCO and leave the VERY out altogether :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
741 Posts
MrShum said:
BlameTheParents said:
Nice one. You could get it debadged then nobody would be any the wiser!
Thanks. I did think about that but quite like the black wording. Landrover wants about £200 for the black lettering so I"m happy to wait for somebody on eBay to do it a lot cheaper lol
The letters are on fleebay for a tenner or so - I have mine already to swap over.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BFGDSMan said:
The letters are on fleebay for a tenner or so - I have mine already to swap over.
I could only see black lettering for Discovery 3/4. I thought the Discovery Sport is a slightly different font from the normal Discovery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just checked they are. The older Discovery wording is more bolder where as the Discovery Sport is more thinner and more modern.

Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive carrying rack Grille


Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Automotive parking light
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top