Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am contemplating adding a couple dealer fit extras but cant decide...

1: TREADPLATES
I def want treadplates, not shore if should go full hog for illuminated (£311) or save money and go for bright ones instead (£?). But i cant find a price.
I also have the side step which already has discovery on it etc. maybe the Bright would look better as it more matches the side step?

2: ROOF RAILS.
Loire Blue DS. Should I go Black or Silver? You obviously will see roof bars thru the pano roof.
I could hold off until I need it for a holiday, but it seems sensible to just get it done now.
There seems to be very few pics out there of DS with roof bars.

Roof Rails - Black (Pano Roof) Roof rails facilitate easy fitment of cross bars. Pre-set positioning points ensure cross bars are fixed in optimum position for weight distribution and dynamics. Maximum payload is 75kg.* Requires ditch finisher. VPLCR0136 £567.00

Roof Rails - Silver (Pano Roof) £513.00

Do i need this also?

Cross Bars T-track design utilises the full length of the bars, providing space to mount multiple accessories.
Aerodynamic profile minimises drag and noise. Roof rails not included. VPLCR0131 £239.00

3: LUGGAGE BOX.
Then the really expensive boxes. I recall reading somewhere you can hire these also. anyone else getting them.
a big jump in price for extra 20 ltrs!

Large Sport Roof Box Featuring a quick mounting system for easy secure fixation. Includes integrated base mat with a non-slip surface for extra
secure loading. Capable of carrying up to four pairs of skis or five snowboards. Volume 430 litres. Maximum payload 75kg. VPLWR0100 £851.00

or

Luggage Roof Box The Gloss Black finish luggage box opens from both sides and includes power-grip mounting for easy and quick fixing to
the roof bars. Lockable for security. Volume 410 litres. Maximum payload 75kg. VPLVR0062 £546.00

·
Registered
829 Posts
- If you ordered side steps, I would order the simple ALU tread plates
- Roof rails: unless you REALLY wanted these for design appeal, why not order THULE wing bars with a KAMEI 510 roofbox; see my other posting

I paid:
KAMEI 510 eur 360
Thule 754 fixings directly on roof eur 100
Thule 544 1 key system eur 24
Thule 962 winbars 135cm at eur 80
Thule 1663 kitset eur 31
------------------------------------ +
Total incl ALL you need to fix on standard roof: EUR 595 = GBP 440 ! (check details as above was for RR Evoque but should be the same)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Potato Farmer:
Bright Finish tread plates - Lunar Part No VPLCSO288LAA £179.
Ebony Part No VPLCSO288PVJ £179.

I have gone for the Lunar. I assume the Ebony would be darker in colour.
I got them for £160 from my dealer without hassle.

Hope this helps you.

HSE Auto, Kaikoura Stone, Almond interior, Privacy Glass, Flaps, Rubber Mats, traffic Sign Recognition, Spare Wheel, 1 additional USB in the front, 2 additional USB's in the second row.
Should be on the line as off today for delivery to the dealer end of March.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Strappe and Kaiko...
I suppose I could just get the roof bars only from LR, and get an alternative box much cheaper.
I don't fancy getting different bars and fitting them myself. I wouldnt have time or patience.
I must admit I am tempted to not get the bars at all and only get them when needed at a later date.
But then it will seem like a big outlay when now its not particularly when alongside the CAR purchase.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Potatoe Farmer said:
Thanks Strappe and Kaiko...
I suppose I could just get the roof bars only from LR, and get an alternative box much cheaper.
I don't fancy getting different bars and fitting them myself. I wouldnt have time or patience.
I must admit I am tempted to not get the bars at all and only get them when needed at a later date.
But then it will seem like a big outlay when now its not particularly when alongside the CAR purchase.
Same cost just hidden, KDS' suggestion of Thule products looks a good option, I will have a look at those myself.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also another extra, my wife has only had a manual previously and everyone is always lost with what to do with your feet when you first change to to an auto any one else getting the Auto Footrest and Pedal Covers???

Its hard not to get carried away with extras!

PRODUCT NAME DESCRIPTION PART NUMBER PRICE
Sport Pedal Covers - Auto Stainless steel pedals feature a Bright design and hidden fixings for a clean finish. VPLHS0044 £125.00
Sport Pedal Covers - Manual VPLHS0045 £176.00
Sport Footrest - RHD Complementing the sports pedals, the footrest is manufactured from stainless steel and features a Satin finish. VPLVS0177 £114.00

Attachments

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Just had a look at the Thule system, seems simple enough although they do not do one for the DS without rails yet, only the DS with rails.
I had a look at the Evoque fitments which I guess would be the one that may fit once they have tried it. I presume it did not mark the roof edges at all ?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Potatoe Farmer said:
Also another extra, my wife has only had a manual previously and everyone is always lost with what to do with your feet when you first change to to an auto any one else getting the Auto Footrest and Pedal Covers???

Its hard not to get carried away with extras!

PRODUCT NAME DESCRIPTION PART NUMBER PRICE
Sport Pedal Covers - Auto Stainless steel pedals feature a Bright design and hidden fixings for a clean finish. VPLHS0044 £125.00
Sport Pedal Covers - Manual VPLHS0045 £176.00
Sport Footrest - RHD Complementing the sports pedals, the footrest is manufactured from stainless steel and features a Satin finish. VPLVS0177 £114.00
The stainless footrest and pedal covers certainly look the part but are very expensive compared to similar third-party offerings that are readily available on-line. At present these are mainly for the Evoque or Range Rover but doubtless will very shortly be made for the DS. Probably worth waiting for a while - they are only fixed with adhesive tape.

The Auto DS - like the Freelander - has a moulded footrest to the side of the brake pedal so there is somewhere to put your foot! The stainless rest simply it look a bit better.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Im thinking about the pedal covers for my one.

I would say go for the silver roof rails if you want a nice contrast, or black if you want a more discreet look.

The illuminated tread plates look the part but I don't think they are worth the £300+ price, I would stick with the bright finish ones.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Yeah, go bright finish on the treadplates. £179 from your dealer. You need to choose either ebony or cirrus, defending on what colour your interior is. (I believe unless you have ordered cirrus leather, you want the ebony to match the black interior plastic.)

As you have ordered the HSE which de-silvers most of the exterior trim details and as the window surrounds are also black, go black roof rails with Loire blue. You don't need the 'ditch finishers' with pano roof, that's a typo. See my pics on another thread.

Yes, plenty of options for roof boxes in future, but expect you need to buy the cross bars as I am not sure if another suppliers will fit?

·
Registered
829 Posts
You would not need roofrails if you went for a Thule system clamping the outer edges of the roof; worked perfectly on my Evoque without damage to the paint; saves you some gbp 1,000

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
The Thule system looks good, I going to go that way now, I only need these for carrying the bikes on holidays.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Kaik, Moose, LR-Phan, J77 and Triple7, i need to be spoonfed sometimes to confirm what i already think i want!
Dealer coming back to me on monday with price.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got my quote, most of it expected, but that can't be right with roof rails?

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Must be the typo pumping the price up!. Triple 7; You don't need the 'ditch finishers' with pano roof, that's a typo.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The roof rail price is deffo wrong

·
Registered
562 Posts
The brochure says that you also need 'ditch finishers' with roof rails on a DS with pano roof, I believe this is incorrect, if not it is too expensive IMHO. As it is I went for the factory towbar as that is £675 & I can buy a bike rack instead

·
Registered
677 Posts
All I've got to go in mine when it arrives is a boot mat.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Triple7 said:
The brochure says that you also need 'ditch finishers' with roof rails on a DS with pano roof, I believe this is incorrect, if not it is too expensive IMHO.
Looking at the fitting instructions there are no ditch finishers needed unless you don't have a pano roof. Indeed the ditch finishers that come on the pano roof car get removed and go in the bin (though I'll be asking to keep mine).

Instructions here http://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/content/document/view?id=513772&groupId=1664

1 - 20 of 26 Posts